Auto-Lights not working

by Jaguwarr

Original Post

Highlighted

Auto-Lights not working

★ Apprentice

Whenever I click the option for auto lights, it doesn't seem to work.

Message 1 of 6 (3,652 Views)

Re: Auto-Lights not working

Hero
  • Are you using any mods ?
  • Is this only happening in your current save game or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ?
  • Does it matter which light you try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,629 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am not using any mods but alot of expansion packs if that makes a difference. I tried all the lights, still no. Any new world/ house i make, it still is not working.

I don't understand why because this is a new computer with NO viruses.

Message 3 of 6 (3,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you choose auto-lights for all lights butt hey stay on all the time or never go on ? Do they switch if you turn then on/off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having a similar issue all the sudden... I have no mods, but all a bunch of expansion packs. Auto-lights were working fine but suddenly stopped on the main level of my house. I can turn them on automatically but cannot use auto-lights (which is annoying) I thought it was the rain (in-game) knocking out the power but? It doesn't come back on and when I turn them on then choose auto-lights they all go out again. Very frustrating.

Message 5 of 6 (2,331 Views)

@K8Simsley  Try deleting the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They should be cleared regularly, even in the absence of game issues, as they can accumulate stale data.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, try selling and rebuying the lights.  (You can always quit without saving if it doesn't make a difference.)  Sometimes they can get stuck, and the easiest thing to do is just replace them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (2,325 Views)