Audio randomly cutting out Sims 4

by oliviaprecious

Original Post

Audio randomly cutting out Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

When playing the Sims 4 at random points - I could be playing 10 minutes or an hour - the audio will just stop. I have mods installed however have tried without as well and the problem persists eventually. My headphones still play audio from other sources such as Youtube or Spotify but the Sims is completely silent and the only way to fix it currently is to save and restart the game which is really inconvenient!

Im not sure what to do to fix this, please help!

Message 1 of 4 (2,031 Views)

Re: Audio randomly cutting out Sims 4

@oliviaprecious  Is there any pattern to what's happening in-game when the audio cuts out?  For example, does it happen during travel transitions or when your sims are on a certain lot?  Do your headphones have connection issues, i.e. is it possible they're temporarily disconnecting and reconnecting?

Please also test using some other sound output device, for example built-in speakers, and let me know whether it happens with that too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately there is no consistent trigger to the audio cutting out it can happen at any time regardless of how long I have been playing. It may be an issue that my headphones are quickly disconnecting and connecting again - I am using Razer Kraken headphones and there have been a ton of Razer Synapse updates very recently so I will test other audio devices if possible. 

The reason I feel it may be a Sims issue is that everything else on my PC continues to play audio as expected but Sims will not fix unless I restart the game - so annoying!

I will continue to play around with my headphones and find another speaker to test on.

Message 3 of 4 (1,979 Views)

@oliviaprecious  Let me know how the testing goes.  There's a current issue where Sims 4 loses sound if the sound output device changes, even momentarily, while the game is running, which is why I asked about possible disconnecting.  EA is aware of the issue, as you can see here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Audio-error-trapping-gone-since-the-last-update...

But I don't know of a fix or workaround, other than the obvious one of not changing devices while playing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,970 Views)