Re: Audio crackling

by mimilu04

Original Post

Audio crackling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm still experiencing this glitch (on PC), even though I'm playing with the latest patch. I've tried everything. Re-installing, repairing, taking cc out... none of it is working.

The error occurs after playing for an hour or 2. The sound starts skipping and the screen freezes, which means I have to close down my game without saving, losing all my progress. This makes the game unplayable and I already pre-ordered Snowy Escape. Please fix it. 

Message 1 of 5 (611 Views)

Hero
@annaleeuwesteijn I split your thread from the console thread as for tech issues, PC and console should be kept separate.

The current audio issues on PC look to be related to the crashes most likely

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (593 Views)

★ Guide

Had a similar experience, except I had the time to save when the audio started glitching. Had to force quit the game to exit though.

Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)

Sound help

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? i don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs, expansions and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sound was fine on computer...my sim went to the Festival of Youth and my sound started cracking and sounded horrible...went back home and it was fine...went back to the Festival of Youth and did it again.
What do you expect to see? hopefully stop hearing that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape installed...never happened before that

Spoiler

nothing to put here

Message 4 of 5 (576 Views)

Re: Sound help

Hero
@pammershark73 Merged this with the audio crackling thread but it's probably related to the crashing that's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (555 Views)