Athlete career lvl 4 to lvl 5 - STUCK -

by JannaOneTrick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Athlete career lvl 4 to lvl 5 - STUCK -

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

I am a very new player and my first and only sim seems to be stuck for some reasons in her athlete career.

She made it to Dance Team Captain, so level 4 in the Athlete Career.

I wish to reach the branch (I believe I would be getting the choice somehow).

• She goes to work everyday on time
  • Her needs are fully satisfied (all green 90% - max)
  • She has reached level 4 Charisma and Fitness a while ago (now Fitness level 10)
  • She goes to work in the almost perfect mood for this career (Energized - Very Energized the whole duration of her work most of the time)
  • Her Performance is somewhat stuck in the 2nd best area, green, only a random event during work gives me a chance to even improve it

How come she went to work respecting all the aforementioned points but still never gets to her promotion to level 5 and get the choice to become a Personal Trainer or Professional Athlete ?

Please help me, I am out of ideas it is beyond all logic I am depressed every time she comes back home with her disappointing $273.

Below you can see how my sim looks like right before going to work (it was not a working day, but just to show you she is in the almost perfect state to get promoted, but never does).

Right click on the images and open in another tab.

Thank you so much for helping me

TS4_x64 2019-08-07 09-42-56.jpg

TS4_x64 2019-08-07 09-43-39.jpg

TS4_x64 2019-08-07 10-10-20.jpg

Message 1 of 4 (1,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Athlete career lvl 4 to lvl 5 - STUCK -

Hero (Retired)

Hi @JannaOneTrick - This looks incredibly frustrating, I feel your pain Standard smile 

I suggest that you repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

Repairing the game in this manner helps to clear out any small glitches, even if you don't have any mods or cc.

If you do have mods or cc in your game and the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

After the repair, when your sim goes to work the next time, try using "work hard" instead of leaving it at "work normally" (click on the briefcase icon on the sim's picture at the bottom). Hopefully, this will get your sim promoted soon. Please reply back if this doesn't work. Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,119 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @JannaOneTrick - This looks incredibly frustrating, I feel your pain Standard smile 

I suggest that you repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

Repairing the game in this manner helps to clear out any small glitches, even if you don't have any mods or cc.

If you do have mods or cc in your game and the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

After the repair, when your sim goes to work the next time, try using "work hard" instead of leaving it at "work normally" (click on the briefcase icon on the sim's picture at the bottom). Hopefully, this will get your sim promoted soon. Please reply back if this doesn't work. Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 4 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @BlackjackWidow 

Thank you for your understanding and the time you put in your answer!

I directly tried the solution to "work hard" and it did the job!

The performance meter was stuck in place unless I did that, shot up straight to Excellent and now I can choose my branch!

Thank you very much!

I clicked the "Accept as solution" button, I hope it worked, because it disappeared once I did it.

Will continue Simming :3

Message 3 of 4 (1,112 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That is great news, @JannaOneTrick ! So happy for you that "working hard" jump-started the bosses into giving your sim a promotion Wink Keep the "repair game" option in mind, in case you run into any other little annoying glitches in the future. It can fix a load of weirdness 

(and the "accept as solution" button worked, thank you for that - it helps others with the same problem to easily find a solution)

Message 4 of 4 (1,107 Views)