Re: At a Loss

by BGH22

Original Post

At a Loss

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing the sims 3 for a while now, and problems keep coming up. At first I was getting an Error 12 problem and i wasn't able to save my game. So I was told to get more GB's so I did. Now i have PLENTY of memory but i still sometimes (not as often as i used to) get the error 12, and my sims crashes a lot. I have windows 8. Nothing pops up giving me any clue as to why its crashing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the games several times, I have checked to see if my computer performance can handle the sims 3. it should be able to. I'm not sure what else to do.

Message 1 of 5 (101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh I should add That I also play skyrim on my computer and it works fine

Message 2 of 5 (90 Views)

★★★ Pro

Do you have any 3rd party (not EA) CC or mods?

Error 12 effects a lot of people. The older the save the more it may turn up. The older the save the more ram it takes and turing off backround programs is a good idea.

Try using "Save as" feature , renaming your files every time you save rather than just save . This will give you new saves rather than overwriting old saves . When you just you save it overwirtes the old save and always a chance it can mess up your save.

Also with error 12 or any other error, once you get those exit out of your game because you will get a bad save. In documents, Electronic Arts folder, the sims 3 folder, to saves folder. click on your saves folder and delete any games that have "Bad" at the end of them. 

Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No I dont have any 3rd party, CC, or mods. And thank you for the tips on the error 12 problem!

Message 4 of 5 (85 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your welcome let me know what happens!

Message 5 of 5 (79 Views)