Re: Aspiration Tasks Not Listed

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Aspiration Tasks Not Listed

★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I have been doing Lilsimsie's Not so Berry Challenge, and I'm on the second generation so I have to do a certain aspiration (serial romantic). When I click on the aspiration there isn't any tasks to complete the aspiration. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 13 (1,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
Ok I think I've got it! I saved my sims and house from the other save and made a completely new one, and it's all there! Thanks for working through this with me!

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,910 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Xtrawesome1117 

are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Have you tried deleting your localthumbcache file in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ and repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do have mods and cc in my game, I deleted the localthumbcache file as you said but it was ineffective. I previously repaired my game and it too was ineffective. Also, I tried moving my mods, (not the cc because I was afraid I would have to put it on all of my sims again) onto the desktop but her aspiration tasks still weren't showing.

Message 3 of 13 (1,519 Views)

Hero
Could you try switching aspirations to see if they show up for other aspirations ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,490 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I changed her aspiration to something random, and it still doesn't show yet I noticed something weird. When I go to the selection of aspirations it doesn't list any of the tasks for anything.

Message 5 of 13 (1,468 Views)

Hero
Could you test a fresh save that never saw any mods if the same occurs ?

Could be some kind of corruption of the save game so it would be best to check if it's isolated on that save or a general issue

(there have been other reports for this but always with mods involved so I'm unsure if it's a bug or a corruption caused by a mod)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Will I have to put cc back on the sims from other saves if I do that?
Message 7 of 13 (1,437 Views)

Hero
If you don't start said saves with no cc installed, then no.

Best is to rename your folder and let the game create a new one. Start a new save on that one.

All your old status will then be in the renamed documents folder and once you tested the new save, you can just delete all the content of the new folder and put everything back from the renamed one.

Hope I know what I mean. Let me know if it's unclear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok, I did what you said and that time the tasks did appear. I also want to note that I tested my other saves and they all show the things you need to do, so I think it is a problem with the save.
Message 9 of 13 (1,432 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Sounds like it.

Are all Sims affected or just that particular one ?

If it's that particular one and you don't mind having to reset all relationships and cheating back some stuff, you can try creating a clone of that Sim and see if it works for that (Backup your save just in case)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,409 Views)