Re: Asking me to activate my sims 4

by lauren_hayley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Asking me to activate my sims 4

★★★ Novice

It says I am online in Origin and then when I try to start the game it is telling me I am offline and that I need to go online to activate the game. I AM ONLINE!!!  Does anyone know what the problem is? See below for picture of error.

Message 1 of 9 (505 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I think the problem was with my installation of windows because when I went through the process of windows for the first time since receiving my PC from the repair center, I was unable to login into my Microsoft account. I think something was wrong with the installation of windows that the repair center did because when I  reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows everything worked fine. The game is working for me now. Thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (404 Views)

All Replies

@cc4sims  Try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache (again).
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (472 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of that worked.

Message 3 of 9 (444 Views)

@cc4sims  What kind of connection are you using for internet?  Can you try a different one?  For example, maybe you can switch to wifi from ethernet, or vice versa, or if you only have wifi, try using your mobile phone as a local hotspot.  Make sure it's using data, not your home network.

If that doesn't help, please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 9 (436 Views)

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the game on my husband's laptop and it loaded just fine, so it is not our wifi. I just got this PC back from a warranty repair , they had to replace the motherboard so they had to reinstall windows. This PC is only about four months old and it is a gaming PC. My game worked fine when I first received the PC.

Message 5 of 9 (433 Views)

@cc4sims  If you have a third-party antivirus installed on this computer, try disabling it, temporarily, to see whether it helps.  If it does, I'm not suggesting you leave the antivirus disabled, just that some settings need to be changed.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a new Windows admin user account on your computer.  You'll still be able to sign into your existing Origin account, and you shouldn't need to redownload anything.  But please don't open any other apps or sync with any other services.

Message 6 of 9 (426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think the problem was with my installation of windows because when I went through the process of windows for the first time since receiving my PC from the repair center, I was unable to login into my Microsoft account. I think something was wrong with the installation of windows that the repair center did because when I  reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows everything worked fine. The game is working for me now. Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 9 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue after having my pc repaired as well. I am going to try reinstalling windows and if this works you are a LIFESAVER!!

Message 8 of 9 (335 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked!! Thank you so much for posting your solution or I would still be going around in circles!

Message 9 of 9 (311 Views)