Re: Ask

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game has stopped working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Whenever i try to open the sims 4, it doesnt open and it says that the game has stopped working. I have a windows 7 and i have tried everything bt it still didint work.

[title edited for clarity - EA_Leeloo]

Message 1 of 7 (436 Views)

@anam06  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also look for related entries in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4 from after this problem started, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a text document.  (Notepad is fine.)  You can attach the file to a post along with your dxdiag.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (419 Views)

★ Novice

I couldn't find any information on perfmon. I have attached my dxdiag

Message 3 of 7 (406 Views)

@anam06  The issue here is that a Windows 7 dxdiag doesn't list Windows error reports as dxdiags from newer operating systems do, so we have to look for that info somewhere else.  Especially given that there's nothing glaringly obvious in your dxdiag, the other info is critical here.

Please try playing in a clean boot.  Instructions for Windows 7 are a little way down the page, in a spoiler:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

If you still can't play, please check the Reliability Monitor again, specifically looking for not only any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4 but any that happen at the same time as you try to play.  And again, if you don't see anything relevant, check back in an hour or two.

Please also let me know what antivirus program, if any, you use.

Message 4 of 7 (371 Views)

★ Novice

Nothhing works Frown(((( . I tried attaching my reliability history but it said that the file is not  supported. But there were errors relating to sims in it. I give up

Message 5 of 7 (348 Views)

★ Novice

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin_LE\TS4.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS4.exe
Application Version: 1.71.86.1520
Application Timestamp: 5f357061
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00032239
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This is the info i got from reliability monitor 

Message 6 of 7 (343 Views)

@anam06  That's the info I was looking for, thanks.  Unfortunately, this particular error seems to be especially stubborn—I haven't seen anyone report that it's been fixed.  I can make some suggestions though.  The first thing to do is to try completely disabling any antivirus program you run.  If you're not sure what you have installed, check the Task Manager's background processes list.

If that doesn't help, try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If that doesn't help either, try playing in a new admin user account on your computer.  Don't import any settings or data from your current user account.  You can sign into your usual Origin account and launch the game from there; your saves won't be available, but you won't need to reinstall anything.

Message 7 of 7 (324 Views)