Are the laptop requirements enough?

by mithtiddy

Original Post

Are the laptop requirements enough?

★★★★ Novice

So I’m thinking of buying an MSI GS Series GS65 8RF-073CA laptop and the specs on it are, GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5 Intel Core i7 8th Gen 8750H (2.20 GHz) 32 GB Memory 512 GB NVMe SSD, is this laptop good enough for running ts4 and ts3 along with custom content. 

Message 1 of 6 (281 Views)

Re: Are the laptop requirements enough?

Champion (Retired)

Yes, that will be more than enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (264 Views)

★ Expert
@mithtiddy I would get an official response from TS4 before taking players advice. It would be wise to get an official response, otherwise when the game breaking bugs and things happen you will always be told that it is your computer that is the issue.

There is a "minimum specs" listed on the main page, but nowhere is there a recommended specs for the game... Curious.
Message 3 of 6 (237 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@InfiniteVerve 

You need to look a bit closer. Both minimum and recommended specs are shown.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-...

Notice that these specs do not include the use of CC/Mods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@jpkarlsenI see they just added that (see: edited) in June. Nice to see recommended specs, I wonder if that means that players can put all of the settings on ultra with those recommended specs. Would love an official answer on that.

Also, if you look on the sale page (which is where purchasers go), you will not see that information - and most people won't know to go to the FAQs page.. Which is where potential purchasers have to go to see the min specs (and some other info) https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/faqs/cats-and-dogs?isLocalized=true#q5

Message 5 of 6 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It was edited but the recommended specs has been there all along. If memory serves lanna added the part that says "How can I see if my Mac meets these requirements"

Regarding the Store when you click More and select Game specs the recommended specs are also there.

Message 6 of 6 (211 Views)