Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Apartments appear empty in preview mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: All Stuff Packs: Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a creation from the gallery ("Rooms") into a San Myshuno apartment lot into each lot of an apartment complex (ex: Culpepper House). Only the most recent apartment that was worked on in build mode will be able to be viewed in the preview mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing apartments in San Myshuno from the gallery, other than the latest apartment I was in build mode with, all the other apartments appear empty in the preview screen. When I go to the lot, it is still intact, but from the preview screen it looks empty and bulldozed. This also happens when I'm playing a household and access the Map to visit somewhere with my Sim.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to see the previews of all my lots/apartments like normal in both Manage World and when accessing the Map/Visit feature in Live Mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's never happened before my most recent time playing, which has been with the most recent update and with my new addition of the Get Famous expansion. Not sure if that pack has anything to do with it. The only mods I have are skin details and a default eye replacer that is up-to-date, as well as MC Command Center (also updated, with no issues). I removed my mods and this bug still appears, so it doesn't involve them.

Culpepper House apartments. My most recent build mode edit, 20 Culpepper House, is visible but all of the other apartments appear empty from this screen. However, when I enter build mode, they are all fine and the last one I check will become the new visible build in the preview mode (while 20 Culpepper House, along with the other two, will disappear and look as if it is empty).

Culpepper House apartments.

Message 1 of 5 (2,189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [APARTMENT BUG] Apartments appear empty in preview mode.

★★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae I had done all of that and nothing resolved it. Without doing anything different, I just continued to update the lots of my save and when I eventually came back, the problem was gone. I have no idea how to recreate the issue, but it appears to have "resolved itself," or something, over time. Confusing.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,059 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Stephannoying I am not able to reproduce this issue in my game.  If you have not already, please try the following steps: 1) remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.  Please let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (2,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae I had done all of that and nothing resolved it. Without doing anything different, I just continued to update the lots of my save and when I eventually came back, the problem was gone. I have no idea how to recreate the issue, but it appears to have "resolved itself," or something, over time. Confusing.

Message 3 of 5 (2,060 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Stephannoying well, I'm glad it worked itself out.  Sometimes these weird things do!

Message 4 of 5 (2,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae Thank you for your help though. Have an awesome day!

Message 5 of 5 (2,002 Views)