Anyway to uninstall all CC from sims 3 without doing it from launcher?

by CraveMode

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyway to uninstall all CC from sims 3 without doing it from launcher?

★★★ Apprentice

I want to uninstall all custom content from sims 3, but when I do it from launcher, it crashes and doesn't uninstall anything, is there a folder where I can uninstall them from??? 

Message 1 of 18 (9,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyway to uninstall all CC from sims 3 without doing it from launcher?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Never ever use the exchange as a backup place. The exchange goes through regular purges and you'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Here's what you should back up: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

Use an external flash drive, a DVD or an external hard drive.

Also double check if you still have everything somewhere before deleting it from somewhere else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 18 (10,305 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

if the CC items are .package files that go into a mods folder then go to your my documents electronics art /the sims3/mods/packages delete those files in there that you no longer need or may be causing the issue

also clear the files in the DCBackup except the ccmerged file that file is very important, then clear the cache files 

to delete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

if the CC items you mean are the store item downloads let us know as there is a different way to do that

edit typo

Message 2 of 18 (9,377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They're .Sims3pack 

I was planning on clearing out the .package folder after I got the.S3Pack CC taken care of.

Message 3 of 18 (9,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

gimme a few to find th eother way i mentioned basicalyl it'll be a factory reset of the game without having to go through uninstall the games and reinstalling etc will edit this post with info and what to back up before the reset

edit to add link http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinsta...

Message 4 of 18 (9,371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did all that, and I 100% made sure I copied my saves over before deleting the backup folder and It even showed my saves were in my game after the folder was deleted, I load up sims today and my saves are gone, and they're not there, not in the folder or my game. I'm realllyyy upset right now over this because I worked so hard on the sims I made, they was doing good, had kids, a nice house and job. and now they're just gone. 

Message 5 of 18 (9,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

whenever you want to get rid of cc you delete the items in DC Cashe folder and all the items in downloads. No need to reset the game. How did your games disappear? Whenever I want to save a game and do a clean install, I send the sims game to recycle bin and then restore it.

Message 6 of 18 (9,362 Views)

Hero (Retired)

aww man i hate when that happens , when that happened to me i searched the computer and found some of my saves using crins method http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-saves-are-gone-options-are-reset.html

Message 7 of 18 (9,361 Views)

★★★ Pro

Future reference save the game on a fash drive or external hard drive. I have my saved games on a flash drive

Message 8 of 18 (9,357 Views)

Hero

@CraveMode wrote:

I did all that, and I 100% made sure I copied my saves over before deleting the backup folder and It even showed my saves were in my game after the folder was deleted, I load up sims today and my saves are gone, and they're not there, not in the folder or my game. I'm realllyyy upset right now over this because I worked so hard on the sims I made, they was doing good, had kids, a nice house and job. and now they're just gone. 

Are the gone from the saves folder as well or 'just' the game ? What world were you playing them in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (9,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Gone from both, I went through and did .sims3 look up and I put EVERYTHING back, even past .sims3packs to see if maybe I can get my games back and now it's not even letting my play sims3, it's not uninstalled cause I checked and it's not running in the background. http://i62.tinypic.com/2ekn4ap.png, I have no idea what happened but even my new .sims3packs I installed to game disappeared from the folder. also all of a sudden my GB Space went from 12.0 to 61.0, I have no idea what's going on right now 

Message 10 of 18 (9,346 Views)