Re: Anyway to change the lighting back to pre-island living pack?

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyway to change the lighting back to pre-island living pack?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, I am more a builder than sims life player. The lighting is seriously mess up! I get it if you are building on a island, the light will be difference. But how does that apply to other worlds like Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay (my favorite world) ? If there's a mod out there for old lighting, I would love to take a look. After all I love the Sims 4 but this tiny detail * me off, any option to change it back or....we have live with it? Luckily I had a screenshot of the interior before Island living came out (I believe right after get famous, a day or two), able to find that house and took a comparison photo..um...a white wall...honestly turned into blue. please please please either the next patch note (the one with Island Living island please), or a mod..because I am really disappointed on every aspect of Island Living. (I am sorry this is more like a ranting, I just..hate that I have to give up on Sims 4 for such a tiny detail.)

- I have mod (Mccc) and cc but no build cc.

- the first picture was took during cloudy afternoon from memories, the second one was during cool summer 12 something pm.

- I played a full Sims week since then, it doesn't get any better, especially at nights, dramatically overexposed because I put "too many lights".

- I am on the verge of deleting this game..and back to MinecraftDevil

Message 1 of 4 (1,233 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@che117

I think that after path when you turned on the game, any files in your game folder were damaged, most likely Options file.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I am a builder like you and I have not noticed any such changes after the patch

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,205 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@che117

I think that after path when you turned on the game, any files in your game folder were damaged, most likely Options file.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I am a builder like you and I have not noticed any such changes after the patch

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the help @kreatora ! it works:eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 4 (1,185 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help