Re: where do i find the serial code from a steam download

by CosmicPure_Cat

Original Post

Anyone know how to get my serial code from steam for TS3?

★★★ Newbie

I'm not very experienced in writing, but I'll try my best. I only have the sims 3 on steam, and no other sim game. My question is; how do I get my serial number if I use Steam? If anyone can help, I'd be very glad because I wish to use custom content for my game. I know this isn't very detailed, and it's because I'm not good at explaining or writing. Thank you for taking time out of your day to try and help.

Message 1 of 4 (579 Views)

Re: Anyone know how to get my serial code from steam for TS3?

★★★ Newbie
@CosmicPure_Cat Okay, I tried getting my serial code from "CD Keys", but it says its too long. Anyone know a different solution?
Message 2 of 4 (572 Views)

Re: where do i find the serial code from a steam download

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict My CD Key is too long and I got no clue how to fix it. Help?
Message 3 of 4 (578 Views)

Re: Anyone know how to get my serial code from steam for TS3?

@CosmicPure_Cat  The CD key should be 20 characters long, which is exactly the appropriate length.  Is Origin telling you that the code is too long?  Try removing the spaces or dashes or anything that happens to be in between the blocks of characters.

If that doesn't help, you can register your CD key on the Sims 3 Store site.  Use your Origin login details if you want your packs to also show up in your Origin game library; otherwise, you'll essentially be creating a second EA/Origin account with your Sims 3 content.  Go here:

https://store.thesims3.com/

Scroll to the bottom of the page, click "Register a Game," and enter the CD key.  Don't use "Redeem a Code," which is for store worlds and other bonus content and which asks for a 16-character code.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (562 Views)