Any way to recover a lot built on a lost save file?

by rolypolyat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any way to recover a lot built on a lost save file?

★ Novice

Hello! 

After thinking I accidentally deleted a save file for good , I was able to restore a previous version of it. The previous restoration point was June 3rd, and I had been working on a build which I completed June 9th. Is there anyway to recover the build that technically isn't in the save file, maybe from the tray files?

Like a dummy, I didn't upload it to the Gallery when I finished building it, and it isn't in My Library either. Just wondering if its an option, and if not, I'll just be content with the fact that I didn't lose the save file entirely lol. And yes, I've done a billion backups now and learned my lesson.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any way to recover a lot built on a lost save file?

@rolypolyat  The only places the build would be are in your save, in the Library, or in the Gallery.  The Tray folder is where the Library files are located, but you need to actually save content to generate Tray files.  So if you never did that, there unfortunately wouldn't be any files to recover.

At least you probably remember most of what you did to build the house though.  Unlike sims that have to be manually advanced through their lives, you could probably recreate the build, or a reasonably close version, in a couple hours.  Or at least I hope it works out that way.  I know it's awful to lose that much work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

All Replies

@rolypolyat  The only places the build would be are in your save, in the Library, or in the Gallery.  The Tray folder is where the Library files are located, but you need to actually save content to generate Tray files.  So if you never did that, there unfortunately wouldn't be any files to recover.

At least you probably remember most of what you did to build the house though.  Unlike sims that have to be manually advanced through their lives, you could probably recreate the build, or a reasonably close version, in a couple hours.  Or at least I hope it works out that way.  I know it's awful to lose that much work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Yeah, that's what I figured. It does suck to lose that work, but you're right, at least I don't have to manually advance my sims or anything. I'll just have to rebuild. Thanks for the help! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (227 Views)