by 135jif

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any pregnant sim not in active household will go into labor but not give birth

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, spa day, parenthood, kids room stuff, movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs only in sims not being played who are pregnant.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim is pregnant, if I am not actively playing them, they will go into labor after three days and remain in labor until I enter their household to play them. If I visit the sim in labor at their home, bassinets will begin to spawn around the pregnant mother but she does not give birth. Pregnancy works fine for my active sims.
What do you expect to see? Sims marked unplayed giving birth on their own and then their children showing up in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got several sims in the neighborhood pregnant and then left the household, marked it unplayed and went back to my active family. I figured that the babies would automatically be born but like five sim days later realized it hadn't happened. I had my sim visit a pregnant sim and her mood was very uncomfortable. While I was visiting, many bassinets started spawning in the house. I figured that maybe it was my fault for trying to make her have a baby then marking unplayable. I went into the household and she gave birth. However a premade family, the Bheedas appear to be pregnant upon beginning the game but I have never played her so she never gave birth. I had a few bits of custom content but I did a vanilla play with the mod folder removed, thumbnail cache deleted and the game "repaired" through origin. Just downloaded the game a couple weeks ago. I've attached a photo of the spawning bassinets.

Message 1 of 20 (24,741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any pregnant sim not in active household will go into labor but not give bir

★★★ Novice

My original save works now as well so I was just able to continue playing that one :-)

View in thread

Message 15 of 20 (26,434 Views)

All Replies

Re: Any pregnant sim not in active household will go into labor but not give bir

Hero
Did this happen before or after yesterday's patch ? I know I had birth working as expected before yesterday.

Did you also try a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (24,720 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes it was happening prior. i have only had the game for about two weeks, I started playing it right after seasons was released. I tried in a new file but only after removing my cc, got eliza pancakes pregnant and waited it out, and she didn't give birth. That's what the screenshot is from, a new save. I did the delete thumbnail cache and repair game after that (cause I hadn't heard about it before) and then went into my old save to see if anyone would give birth but they didn't. Would it make a difference if I went into a new save after having done the delete thumbnail cache and repair game?
Message 3 of 20 (24,715 Views)

Hero
Depends what's corrupting the save. Haven't seen any other report on this either.

Have you tried renaming the entire folder and then start a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (24,710 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry, renmame which folder?
Message 5 of 20 (24,704 Views)

Hero

Basically this:

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (24,692 Views)

Hero
I've tried this again in my game and the baby was born as it should.

Did you get a chance to try above ?

@135jif

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (24,659 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (24,633 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry I was on a trip so couldn't try it out earlier.
So tried it out (forgot the repair the game step). When I went on the new save, i tried it out and unplayed sims gave birth! The two I made get pregnant and then the Bheeda household who is pregnant at the game's start. So I went and put my old game back in including my cc and mods (I have 3, MCCC, a random trait chooser, and a do not disturb bees one). I went in my game, played for a second, and babies were born! But then i had Bella Goth get pregnant and kept playing and several sims got pregnant through MCCC and none of them gave birth after like 5 days. I had my mods in when I played by previous save after the reset so I'm not sure why it worked for a second and then didn't work. Could it be possible that one of my mods has a delayed effect that is breaking something in my game? I only have three though and in my first trial when I removed them all my unplayed sims still couldn't give birth.

So basically your fix worked originally in both the reset game and playing the old one again but when i continued playing it did not work. Do you think it is because I didn't do the repair my game step?

Message 9 of 20 (24,603 Views)

Hero
Maybe one of the mods breaks the pregnancy when they're in when they get pregnant. Best thing to test is take them all out, then initiate a new pregnancy (on the old save) and see if they give birth.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (24,596 Views)