Re: Any ideas on how to stop auto downloads

by crinrict

Original Post

Any ideas on how to stop auto downloads

★★★ Novice

I have so many packs for the Sims but I dont like playing with four of them, plus I dont have that much memory space on my computer. I cant even count the amount of times that I have had to uninstall then reinstall the game because out of nowhere the 4 packs I orignally uncheck in the reinstall process will just automatically download and all of a sudden My computer doesnt have enough memory space to work. Is there someway to keep these four packs off my computer for good, or am I doomed to the uninstall/reinstall cycle until Sims 5 comes out?

Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

Hero

Hi @stephaniem723 

unfortuntely, Origin has a mind of it's own and tries to download them at any opportunity it gets. You can try to turn off automatic updates in Origin: https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/08/origin-turning-automatic-updates-on-off.html but each time you patch the game manually, it will try to download them again.

Cancel them as soon as you see Origin doing it. I'm also unsure of turning off automatic updates is enough.

You could also disable the packs but that won't help with freeing up disc space: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

That has been the common "solution" that I have seen. I have turned the auto-update so I guess when I download Troical Living I will see if Origin will automatically start downloading those. Keeping my fingers crossed that it wont. 

Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

Hero
@stephaniem723 It probably will. Just hover there like a hawk and immediately cancel the download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)