Antivirus detected ts4_x64 exe file as malware, is it possible something got in?

by AstraHannah

Original Post

Re: Antivirus detected ts4_x64 exe file as malware, is it possible something got

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Nathipha 

Please contact Malwarebytes for a solution. Though AVG and Avast are mentioned in this thread it is just because they were the first where this behavior was observed. 

While the userfolder is not the issue here the description on how to add exceptions for the exe file is the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 14 (442 Views)

Re: Antivirus detected ts4_x64 exe file as malware, is it possible something got

★★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenIt's not just Malwarebytes though, it's also my anti-virus, which I'd like to keep private (no, not AVG or Avast), and it's blocking an outgoing connect whenever I start the game. This only started happening when I installed the latest update.

It's one thing if one program detects something but it's a different story if two different apps (or 4!) give a warning because at this point it's highly likely that there's something going on with the game.

Message 12 of 14 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I want to add I also encountered this issue with MB myself, same result also the .exe so it's not just you.

Message 13 of 14 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had this issue today after I did a deep scan with malwarebytes. I had added the sims folder as an exception on my antivirus, so I never got alerts from it. I let malwarebytes quarantine it because I trust it more than a game. I also think something weird is going on, and since this is my personal pc that I do more than game on, I won’t take the risk.

Message 14 of 14 (370 Views)