Re: Another player is credited for house in gallery

by mizzhannibal

Original Post

Another player is credited for house in gallery

★ Novice

Hello

I was just about to upload a lot to the gallery, when i noticed that another player was credited as the original creator of the lot.
I do believe the lot before was one i downloaded from the gallery, but i bulldozed it. I have read that others have the same problem, and that bulldozing the lot should have prevented it, but for some reason this did not work for me. The house i quite large, and took me forever to build, so saving it room by room, will take forever as well.
I don't like uploading  it, when it still says someone elses name as the original creator, but i also want it uploaded.
Is there any workaround, or at least another method of preventing it in the future?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

AFAIR, there was a bug with this that got fixed

Wonder if it's back

@mizzhannibal

Tagging @BryonyRae if she knows something about this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have had one other report of this happening recently, but it was from someone who had been working on his/her build for a long time, so it was tough to know whether the bug had recurred or if the build was previously affected.  How old is your build @mizzhannibal?  Here is our original thread for the issue.  Excerpted info for workaround/prevention:

The only workaround that we have at the current time is to save each room of your build and then re-place them on a freshly bulldozed and saved lot (verify that it has no original in your library *before* building on it).  One preventative measure to prevent encountering the problem in the future is to: 1) Bulldoze the lot you want to build on, 2) Save it to your Library, 3) Verify that the Original By is blank, 4) Place the lot from your library onto the lot in the game world and then proceed with your build.

Message 3 of 6 (254 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the replies, and the help, I suppose I have no other choice than saving each room then.
@BryonyRae I suppose i started about 5 weeks ago or something like that, but the lot had been empty for a while, I can't say how long since i bulldozed it.

Message 4 of 6 (235 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @mizzhannibal

Could you PM me a screenshot of the issue?  Also, would you be willing to share your saves so that my team can take a look at them?

If so, instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (214 Views)

★ Novice

I've already saved the rooms and bulldozed the lot unfortunately, but I can send that if you want.
I will keep an eye on it from now on, if it happens again i can contact you again.

Message 6 of 6 (198 Views)