Re: Annoying Bombardment Of Bulletins: Can they be turned off.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Annoying Bombardment Of Bulletins: Can they be turned off.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have NRaas Story Progression among my mods but I find it both distracting and annoying.  Does anyone know how to turn off the constant bombardment of bulletins.   Most of the time they are repetitive, and as the are for Sims that are not of the active family there is nothing I can do and they knock out the necessary bulletins for the active family.

Yours BillFlowerpot

Message 1 of 4 (432 Views)

@BillFlowerpot  You can choose which stories you want to see, at least overall.  Click on City Hall, choose NRaas > StoryProgression > General Options > Options: Stories, and you'll have a number of options.  Story Summary can be set to Blood, Friends, etc., or multiple categories at once.  Disallow Story has a whole list of types of stories you can block individually.  For example, maybe you want to see job changes but not when someone's job performance goes up or down; just click any type of story you want to block.  Show Story Summary can be set to a larger number if you don't want your preferred sims' stories knocked off the list.

It may take a sim-day or two for the backlog of stories to clear, or you can click Clear Story Log to delete them immediately.  That doesn't change what has already happened, but you won't see the notifications.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for replying.

I had already done as you have suggested, however, just in case I had missed something I tried again.

Of the Disallow list, I highlighted 72 of the 76 options, I had left only those related to death.

I was still getting unwanted bulletins.  I cleared the story log twice during play and still I was getting these bulletins.

I also took on board your note that it may take a Sim's day or so to clear, however, after approx. 20 Sims hours of play my game froze, (something it has not done for some time). I force closed the game.  After the third attempt, the game having frozen each time. I decided that its aggravation level took the joy from the game.  I have as such removed it from my line-up of mods.  I have since had no problem over several Sims days of gaming.

Nonetheless, than you for your time.

BillFlowerpot

Message 3 of 4 (388 Views)
Highlighted

@BillFlowerpot  That's understandable.  If you want to revisit StoryProgression and troubleshoot it at some later time, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)