Re: An interrupted world adventure.

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An interrupted world adventure.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have two questions that are really the same one.  1, Is there a file that has the information about the quests your sim has completed? or 2, are the quests random?

Explanation:  I have just completed a quest and obtaining the Ax of Pangu.  Unfortunately the game had a wobbly and when it was time to return home my sim disappeared leaving me in china with no one to play with, (BooHoo sad little me).  No problem, I left the game without saving and tried again from my last save. the same thing. Oh dear.  I left the game again without saving and opened a previous save, traveled to china and returned home safely.  OK.  I left the game without saving, re-opened that save and traveled again to china but, when I checked the board for adventures it offered the one I was just about to start after obtaining the ax.

Before I returned I deleted the five.

•CASPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package

I'm using a PC and window 8.1

Thanks in advance, BillFlowerpot.

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

Accepted Solution

@BillFlowerpot  The quests offered by the adventure board are somewhat random.  Of course you won't see quests your sim can't complete yet, like those that require a higher visa level or an object the sim doesn't have yet.  (For example, your sim couldn't get the adventure based in the hot springs without Pangu's Axe.)  Not seeing the quest you want is a longstanding problem, and it can't really be fixed.  The best you can do is take the quests that do show up, and either complete the really easy ones or cancel the harder ones, after initially accepting them.

With mods, you can assign any task you want.  NRaas MasterController allows you to grant your sim any opportunity for which they are eligible, including quests.  (Click on the sim, NRaas > MasterController > Basic > Opportunity: By Category > Adventure (I think that's the category name), and then you'll see a list of possible adventures.)

NRaas Traveler doesn't do anything for adventures directly, but it does make the adventure board work better, so you're more likely to be offered the quests that are supposed to follow the normal progression.  Traveler also makes the travel transition much more stable, so you're less likely to have your sim disappear when arriving in a destination.  ErrorTrap and Overwatch also help with this; I would never play without them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (305 Views)

All Replies

@BillFlowerpot  The quests offered by the adventure board are somewhat random.  Of course you won't see quests your sim can't complete yet, like those that require a higher visa level or an object the sim doesn't have yet.  (For example, your sim couldn't get the adventure based in the hot springs without Pangu's Axe.)  Not seeing the quest you want is a longstanding problem, and it can't really be fixed.  The best you can do is take the quests that do show up, and either complete the really easy ones or cancel the harder ones, after initially accepting them.

With mods, you can assign any task you want.  NRaas MasterController allows you to grant your sim any opportunity for which they are eligible, including quests.  (Click on the sim, NRaas > MasterController > Basic > Opportunity: By Category > Adventure (I think that's the category name), and then you'll see a list of possible adventures.)

NRaas Traveler doesn't do anything for adventures directly, but it does make the adventure board work better, so you're more likely to be offered the quests that are supposed to follow the normal progression.  Traveler also makes the travel transition much more stable, so you're less likely to have your sim disappear when arriving in a destination.  ErrorTrap and Overwatch also help with this; I would never play without them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Puzzleadict for your quick response.

I have all of the NRaas but for Traveler in use. I did not know if it was compatible with World Adventures. I shall install it.

I do not mind in which order the quests are given just as long as I will get the quest for Pangu's axe again and that the game does not think I already have it.  I did until I had to go back a few days.  For some things the having the axe is not a problem because I can easily get one from a previous game. Or use the testingcheatenebled buy/build to remove boulders, but that is only cheating myself. 

Thank you again, Bill Flowerpot.

Message 3 of 4 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Puzzleaddict for your quick response.

I have all of the NRaas but for Traveler in use. I did not know if it was compatible with World Adventures. I shall install it.

I do not mind in which order the quests are given just as long as I will get the quest for Pangu's axe again and that the game does not think I already have it.  I did until I had to go back a few days.  For some things not having the axe is not a problem because I can easily get one from a previous game. Or use the testingcheatenebled buy/build to remove boulders, but that is only cheating myself. 

Thank you again, Bill Flowerpot.

Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)