by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ambitions Not being Ambitious.. not updating

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I guess it would be the game base since it has to do with the ambitions and careers. I am a level 7 in the Crime career,,, but on the Deviant Ambition it says that I need a skill level 4. Which I have passed that but it has not updated for the Ambition. Also I am at a Body builder 10 and need the last one to complete that ambition.. I have done so on another sim.. but this one I should have been able to complete this one by now it as been 4 real life days and countless sim days lol I have one mod but it was disabled with this last updated and have not reactivated it yet. I also this is happening after the last update. to the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess just do the game to the points where I am at....
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens the ambitions is not updating like it should..
What do you expect to see? for my ambitions to advance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I will send pictures of need be but there is nothing that they can add. .. 

Just to restated some of my ambitions are not updating as they should

*Deviant ambition is not seeing that I am a level 7.... when they need a level 4.

*Body Builder I should have completed that one a while ago.. the last ambition is not updating

I do have a mod, but it was deactivated when the last update Occurred  last week and I have not re activated it.

Message 1 of 10 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ambitions Not being Ambitious.. not updating

★★★ Guide

Yes I had to raise my skill up then everything got caught up.. really weird but all seems to be well now thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (685 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@RavenLure Did you achieve level 4/level 7 before you had the aspiration or after ? Do you have issues with any of the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (779 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict There are the only the two.. The Deviant one was after I reached level 4 I was a level 6 in the criminal job. At first I thought that i was taking longer to recognize it but then I had the level 7 skill gain and it still did not update. I have done resetsim hoping to force it but that did not work as well.

The body builder one I did that one clear through but the last part to complete the aspiration.
Message 3 of 10 (771 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure Having troubles understanding your last sentence.

Could you try cheating the Sim back down to level 3 and then up to level 7 again to see if that triggers it ?

Use the cheat careers.demote <careername> and careers.promote <careername>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (759 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict well I was fired from criminal.... lol it took me down one level at a time, when I got to 4 they fired me lolol.. no worries I exited without saving and relogged so I fixed that but still have the same issue lol
Message 5 of 10 (751 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure Interesting. Maybe it didn't like so many demotion in a row.

Could you maybe test a fresh save if the same happens (just for testing) ? You can use cheats to advance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (747 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict she got fired again LOL it would not be bad if I could just redo the career once I was fired but they do not give that option. lol I guess I will just have to see if the next promotion to 8 will make it update..
Message 7 of 10 (739 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure Did you have any luck getting back up to 8 to see if it works now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (706 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes I had to raise my skill up then everything got caught up.. really weird but all seems to be well now thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (686 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure Glad to hear that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (677 Views)