Original Post

Accepted Solution

All single beds for Adults have glitched “Spray Monster Under Bed”

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Seasons, Holiday Celebrations Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.) Create a new save 2.) Move into any starter home 3.) Check the single adult beds for “Spray For Monsters”
What happens when the bug occurs? The option appears when clicking the bed in a brand new save. It has affected two of my new saves after the recent update for Holiday Celebrations. It glitches out my sims if I don’t and do press it. Every single adult bed is affected, and Gallery Sims added into the save will ignore tasks until they: pass out, go to work or hunger is red. Any sim in the household will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night, or even when Sleep isn’t full (not counting for when they wake up hungry or something else). Pressing the option sometimes makes it disappear, Sim gets stuck or claims Bed. You can get rid of it SOMETIMES when you use the eye dropper tool or move the bed. Sometimes even new bed bought are affected. Once the option is gone, usually my sims are fine.
What do you expect to see? I don’t expect to see this option in adult single beds, and hope for it not to break my Sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.48.94.1020

Message 1 of 8 (789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All single beds for Adults have glitched “Spray Monster Under Bed”

Hero

The option can appear on any single bed but for me only after 6 pm

Do you have it all the time ?

I couldn't see any glitching out. Works fine.

Have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (749 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
Regarding the first 'glitch' about the 'spray the monster' on single beds, as far as I'm aware, this has always been an option on single beds (with Parenthood dlc) because children can technically use these beds (I ~think~ that's why...IDK, would have to ask a guru what was in mind there. heh)
For the piano question, the sim has to be a certain skill level to write songs. If I remember correctly, it's level 8.
Message 2 of 8 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Excuse me, but I don’t own Parenthood. 😅 Is this a normal occurrence for singles? I’ve never had this happened to an adult sim ever unless they were in a certain type of bed. But the option can disappear and/or glitch out my Sim.

Message 3 of 8 (763 Views)

Hero

The option can appear on any single bed but for me only after 6 pm

Do you have it all the time ?

I couldn't see any glitching out. Works fine.

Have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (750 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve repaired my game twice and I get that glitched option all the time. After it disappears when I move it or use eye dropper tool in Build Mode, there’s a chance the option never resurfaces or does a few days later. I’ll try repairing my game again though. 👍🏻

Message 5 of 8 (737 Views)

Hero
Could you post a picture of the glitch out you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (727 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m sorry for the delayed response, but I repaired my game again and my saves are fine again! Thankfully that seemed to fix it again.

Message 7 of 8 (720 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This option appears on all beds that are enabled to have the "monster under the bed" animations (i.e. all single beds). It's not a glitch. It would be ideal if they scripted it in a way where that option only appears if you have a child in the household, have the bed be claimed by a child, and/or only appear when the animation is occurring. But it seems redundant to go through the effort. 

However, how it is now, this is not a glitch. 

Message 8 of 8 (671 Views)