Re: All saves and mods deleted

by roberta591

Original Post

All saves and mods deleted

★★★ Newbie

This is the second time this has happened to me and I'm really frustrated. I loaded the game up today for the first time in a couple of months and it was like I'd never opened the game before, it asked if I wanted a tutorial and all my settings were reset, and all my save files are gone. I went to My Documents>Electronic Arts>SIms 4>saves and there's nothing there. I checked my recycling bin and none of the saves are there either. Is there anyway I can get them back? I'm super frustrated because this happened before and all my saves are just gone. 

Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NerdyGeek9000   Is your computer a pc running Windows 10? Have you logged into OneDrive even if you don't use it? OneDrive MOVES new files from your user documents folder to a folder in the OneDrve document folder for syncing. The system knows the files were moved but if you enable OneDrive AFTER you install the game, the game still looks for the game files in the user documents folder instead of the OneDrive folder. The system knows where the files are but the game does not know the files were moved. If you don't use OneDrive log out of OneDrive. What is happening any new files created after you install the game, Windows thinks they need to be synced so they are moved to the OneDrive folder. The game does notknow this and will still look where the game created the files. Either don't use OneDrive or configure OneDrive not to sync the user game files.

Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@roberta591 I looked in my OneDive folder and there wasn't anything new in there, but I disabled it now anyway. Hopefully, this won't happen for a third time now
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)