All my sims 4 saved games are gone

by angiex0716

Original Post

Re: All my sims 4 saved games are gone

★★★ Newbie

I just had a look and I don't have a one drive account or anything so it can't be that. 7nfortunately I think this means all of my work is down the hole. :/ Thankyou anyway.

Message 11 of 14 (4,415 Views)

★★ Pro

I am sorry to hear that. I've lost a few game saves when I was new to the game. It was devastating to say the least. After that I read up on all I could on saving backups of my saved games, households and houses so I wouldn't ever loose them again.

Something that maybe worth trying is to launch the game, create a new Sim and save the game. Go back to the Main Menu and press the Load Game button. Select a saved game. Mouse over or hover over the tiny folder under the game saves information. Like shown in the photo in the post linked below:

Sims 4 - Lost all Saved Game Data
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Moved-Sims-4-folder-to-desktop-and-have-now-lost-all-g...

This hopefully will give you an idea of where the game is saving your saved games.

Message 12 of 14 (4,406 Views)

★ Novice

So I tried your method, but for some reason, I didn't have that file that ended with 1, so I started with the one ending in 2, but it still didn't work. After multiple failed attempts, I ended up just moving all of my saves to a folder on desktop. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I have some mods and cc that i downloaded today, and removed those, but the rest still didn't show up when I opened my game. I did end up having to troubleshoot Origin earlier today since it wouldn't open, (it worked,) so I don't know if that might have anything to do with it at all. I just really hope you could help somehow.Frown

Message 13 of 14 (3,740 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @snickerydoodle24,

Could you open a new thread on this please? Feel free to link to a post in your new thread to add which troubleshooting advice you've followed as well as some insights into what you're experiencing and when it started. In the meantime, this thread will be locked as it's an older thread that's been necro'd. A new current thread would be best to continue this. Standard smile

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 14 of 14 (3,711 Views)