Re: All my sims 4 saved games are gone

by ForestNinja0

Original Post

All my sims 4 saved games are gone

★★★★★ Novice

When I opened up my Sims 4 game, my saved game is gone! The whole game restarted itself like its the first time I opened it. But in the EA folder, I still have all my screenshots and my game is still in the saves folder. Everything's in the folder but not in the game. Someone please tell me there is a way to get my game back, I was generations into my game. 

Message 1 of 14 (78,572 Views)

★★ Guide

Please post the list of files in your saves folder then copy them to a safe location before doing anything else... You'll need to start a new slot then restore your last save to that slot.

Message 2 of 14 (78,549 Views)

★★ Guide

Please don't attach the files, just paste the list into the post editor so we can see what has been lost from your saves directory.

Message 3 of 14 (78,547 Views)

Hero

This usually happens if the auto-save or one of the saves in your folder corrupts. It "hides* the rest of your saves although they are still fine.

First think you should do is make a backup of your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

After that, just move the slot_00000001.save to the desktop and check if the game then returns.as playable.

If that doesn't work, try the same with slot_00000002.save until you find the guilty party.

The saves called slot_0000000x.save.verX are automatic backups for your games and they are not checked at the time of loading so you can ignore those for now.

If you need help figuring out which one is the guilty one, you can zip your entire saves folder and upload to dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or some other file sharing site and PM me the link. I can take a look if I can save your savegame. Even if you can figure it out, it would be great if you could share your save for the devs to squash this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (78,547 Views)

★ Novice
i did as described and it didnt work :'(

I know which file is the one I want because of the time it was saved. But I tried adding to the desktop and it also didnt work...

im very frustrated, any way to fix this? thanks!
Message 5 of 14 (76,754 Views)

★★ Pro

If you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder -
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

It may be the game isn't reading the save files correctly. Have you tried renaming your saved game file?

To rename your save, remove the version number. - .ver0 or .ver1 by deleting the .ver1 on the end.

For example:
Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to:
Slot_00000002.save

You may want to give it a different number if you already have a save 2 in your folder. The game should then recognize the save file again.

-- If you have an old auto save file (Slot_00000001.save) it's safe to delete as the game doesn't use it anymore.

If the above doesn't help, Crinrict has some very useful tips on saved games disappearing:

Save Games disappearing
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Message 6 of 14 (76,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem too

I have try this method in many others too but none of them have worked for me. I'm m getting really upset as I've put a lot of time and effort into this game and I don't really feel like playing it anymore because of that. Have you got any other ways I could try or maybe explain it a different way?

Message 7 of 14 (74,262 Views)

★★ Pro

@ZeebiaLPS

I'm sorry you're missing your saved games. Maybe they've been moved or saved to OneDrive?

Sims 4 and OneDrive do not work well together. Due to the game not recognizing saved games saved to One Drive. To get saves to be recognized they need to be in the game's save folder. - \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

You should be able to move the saves files from OneDrive to Sims 4\saves without to many issues.

It's highly recommended to disable Onedrive for Sims 4, due to it not working well with the game.

How To: Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9...

If you still can't find where your saves are located, you may need to search your computer to find where your documents or Sims 4 user files are located. To do this, click the Start button and in the search bar type in Sims 4 and follow the path that it shows you.

If you're not able to find them through searching the computer or on OneDrive, you might try contacting a local computer repair shop to see how much they'd charge to possibly recover the Sims 4 files.

Message 8 of 14 (74,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok,  thank you so much! I will try that out! Standard smile

Message 9 of 14 (74,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just had a look and I don't have a one drive account or anything so it can't be that. 7nfortunately I think this means all of my work is down the hole. :/ Thankyou anyway.
Message 10 of 14 (74,212 Views)