All content shows as owned and is unpurchaseable.

by MeadowThayerr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All content shows as owned and is unpurchaseable.

★ Apprentice

I just redeemed my free Desert Luxe Kit, and after doing so it now says that I own everything for the Sims 4 except High School Years.  However, this isn't true and I had planned to purchase another kit and Werewolves but I'm unable to do so because Origin thinks I own them.

Message 2 of 17 (564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: First Fits Kit Shows as Owned, Can't Purchase

Community Manager
Hey all,

This issue should now be resolved. Please let me know if you continue to see this behavior going forward.

Thanks!
EACade

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (637 Views)

All Replies

First Fits Kit Shows as Owned, Can't Purchase

★★★★★ Novice

After redeeming the Desert Luxe Kit today, the First Fits Kit is also showing as owned and can't be purchased or downloaded (even after clearing Origin's cache once).

Message 1 of 17 (617 Views)

★ Apprentice

Out of curiosity, is it showing you that you own ALL kits, packs, etc. even if you don't?  For me, that's what I'm seeing.  I wanted to purchase a game pack and a kit and wasn't able to because of this bug.

Message 3 of 17 (603 Views)

★ Novice
@smalefowles Almost same here, I suddenly own all the game- and stuff packs but not able to download them. EAhelp has tweeted that they are workin gon the problem Standard smile
Message 4 of 17 (580 Views)

Re: All content shows as owned and is unpurchaseable.

Champion (Retired)

@MeadowThayerr 

You need to contact Support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 17 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MeadowThayerr I already owned the other packs, so I think that's why they were unaffected! Sounds like it's any unpurchased packs that start having issues.

Message 6 of 17 (567 Views)

Re: All content shows as owned and is unpurchaseable.

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Thanks, I just submitted a ticket.
Message 7 of 17 (532 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Minaxy Where do you see this? I don't see any info about that on their Twitter, because I checked there earlier.

@smalefowles Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, it did it for me for everything except High School Years, which still shows as purchasable. So it seems to only effect game packs, stuff packs (maybe I own all of these so I'm unsure,) and kits.
Message 8 of 17 (563 Views)

unpurchased kit says I purchased it already

★ Novice

I am trying to purchase the First Fits Kit.  In Origin Library view it shows that I own the kit.  I have not purchased this kit yet.  I was waiting for funds to become available.  In game the Sims 4 recognizes that I do not own the kit.  I have tried purchasing the kit from the library and from the in game link.  Both take me to a screen telling me I have already purchased the kit.  It shows as downloadable but when you click download it won't go (because it's not actually purchased).  I am locked out of making the purchase and have tried for a couple of hours a few different fixes.

1. Restart PC

2. Close/ Reopen Origin

3. Sign Out of Origin and Sign Back In

4. Clear Cache

5. Give the Problem Time

6. Check for Solutions online

7. Post on Here

I hope that someone sees this and can help me sort this out today or tomorrow.  The funds are at risk of being hit with an interest charge.  I have saved the money to be able to buy both the above discussed kit and the new desert one.  Due to the promotion I only need to buy this 1 kit to have every piece of content for the Sims 4.  Please help. Thank you.

Message 9 of 17 (557 Views)

Sims 4 set

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to buy a set but it said I had it. I could press download or buy it for a friend but when I tried to download it, it would not download. 

Message 10 of 17 (519 Views)