Re: All cheats, except money, do not work

by roberta591

Original Post

All cheats, except money, do not work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 4 for myself back in December of 2019 (sans additional packs and mods; just the game), and I've never been able to get cheats to work. I've been able to use the money cheats, but everything other than that has not worked. Whenever I input a cheat into the console I do not receive any response (Unable to blah blah) which I believe is what is supposed to happen from the videos I've watched, but when I watch my Sims I don't see the cheat integrating itself into my game. I've been searching for a solution, but every answer I've seen would talk about typing it in properly, restarting the game, repairing the game, and so on, all of which I do. Once, I repaired the game and when I entered "testingcheats True" (This one works for me) I was greeted with the response of "Unable to execute command" in the console. Nothing has worked for me which is so frustrating as I'd like to have my Sim have twins, be able to edit their appearances after starting, and other ideas that may come to me Frown

I hope there is an answer out there! Thank you anyone for any ideas you have to share.

Edit: "freerealestate On" also works for me

Message 1 of 4 (316 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@doctriya 

Here you can read about what cheats exist and how to use them. https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't get any cheats to work. I've tried all different variants of the 'testing cheats on' cheat and nothing works.

Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gfurbush1982  testingcheats is one word - there is no space.

Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)