Re: All Sims on lot become unresponsive

by xitneverendss

Original Post

All Sims on lot become unresponsive

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing the game. No actions seem to determine when the bugs occur. I do have toddlers in my current household and I know those are bugging out terribly with the recent patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing, all sims on the lot will immediately stop whatever their doing and just stay there unresponsive. Canceling action will not change what they are doing, trying to get them to do a new action never works. Constantly having to reset the sims, exit the game completely and restart.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims not to seize up and continue the action they are performing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living Expansion, June 2019 Patch.

This has been happening since I introduced toddlers to my household, but any and all sims on my lot (including NPC) will just seize up and stand still during an action. Canceling action doesn't help, trying to preform a new action doesn't help. ResetSim only works for a little bit then they go back to doing nothing. I have to exit the game completely for the actions to start working again. 

Message 1 of 7 (605 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. When I restart it works for like 5 minutes then back to the same glitch Frown

Message 2 of 7 (578 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In my game this always happens when children/teenagers are doing homework on the lot and somebody tries to talk with them.

Message 3 of 7 (571 Views)

Hero

Hi @worblegarkey 

there's a few interactions that can cause complete freezing as @alanmichael1  pointed out with the homework. But this sounds more extreme. It usually happens if Sims try do do something and lock each other out.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ? If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (548 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me too but not often.

Message 5 of 7 (484 Views)

Hero
@xitneverendss On all lots or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (449 Views)

Hero
@worblegarkey Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

There's currently a bug report for the IL lots here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Freezing-and-lags-in-Lani-St-Taz-lot/m-p/797738...

Otherwise, I need more info for this

There's also a few interactions that lock up the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (416 Views)