Re: All Of My Babies Are Glitching.

by DarLi_Larkis

Original Post

All Of My Babies Are Glitching.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The links listed further into this post will take you to my sims3 studio, specifically to screenshots I've taken to show examples of this glitch.

First of all, I've had the Sims 3 game for well over a year now, and I have five expansion packs and one stuff pack installed on it, along with some custom, downloaded content. I've had the stuff pack (High-End Loft) and three of those expansion packs for only a few months (Generations, World Adventures, and University Life) and the last expansion pack I received with my game (Supernatural). None of these packs were bought online, they are all disks, and none of them have shown problems like this until now. 

The issue started after the birth of two of my sim's firstborn child, who was also the first baby born in the household. The mother went to the hospital to give birth, and when she came out, the baby's profile popped up as always, but their face was not inside of the green box. I wasn't too concerned with this at first, because sometimes it takes a little while for the profile to completely load after a birth, birthday, style change, etc. I was controlling another sim when the mother and the baby left the hospital, so I didn't see the newborn at first. However, when I noticed that the profile had not uploaded after a good three sim hours, I immediately zoomed over to the child. The mother had put her in her crib, but I couldn't see the baby at all. Instead, there was a large wall of brown glitching boxes and patterns that was stretched across my sim's entire home.

I paused my game, thinking it was loading strangely (the sim I'd been playing before was across town, which meant my game had to reload all the furniture and details of my house, and it's sometimes slow with that) and that it would go away. It didn't, so I unpaused my game and realized with horror that it was my sim's baby. I enhanced my screen onto the baby, and watched as the entire screen began glitching and dancing around as purple and brown boxes, patterns, and other shapes that really aren't supposed to ever be flickering across my screen. I had to zoom out as far as I could and move my camera away from the baby to stop this, and then the child became a very long, hovering brown stick.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/551/243/018/00/screenshot_...

That is the baby in its box form.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/545/243/018/00/screenshot_...

This is the baby when it becomes a slightly less problematic stick.

The problem would NOT go away, and I tried resetting my baby, restarting my game, and anything else I could think of. After a few sim days, the baby was still either a large flat brown glitch that would overtake my screen if I dared to go near it, or a seemingly endless stick of sim flesh. I ended up starving the baby and having social services take it away because I figured it was a first time glitch, and it was disappointing, but I couldn't do much more than get rid of it and try again for a normal baby.

Well, that family split after the baby was taken away, and I moved on to another household. The woman in that house was pregnant, and so I played through until the birth of her baby. This mother was also sent to the hospital, and when she came out, she held nothing in her arms, a blank profile box had showed up in the list of the household's sims, However, there WAS a distinctive long, grayish stick floating above the new mother and her empty arms. I realized that the glitch had happened again, and that it most likely was going to affect ALL of my newborn sim babies.

I sent the mother sim home, and this time, I tried aging up the baby right away to see if the issue would carry on over into its toddler stage. Luckily, it didn't, and I now had a normal toddler sim. So it only seems to affect my babies, and won't go away unless they age up.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/536/243/018/00/screenshot_...

The second proud mother, leaving the hospital with her walking stick of a baby casually floating above her.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/534/243/018/00/screenshot_...

As you can see, there is a normal toddler head hiding inside the gray of that monster, but the distortion is custom content clothing that I uninstalled afterwards, and the toddler was completely fine after a change in outfits. This is the above child after being aged up.

After this second child was fixed, I moved onto another household, where three out of the four women were pregnant. They each gave birth about a sim day apart from each other. The problem became present in two of these births, and manifested itself in a stranger way in the third mother's child. It should be mentioned that all three of these babies were born at home, rather than at the hospital.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/527/243/018/00/screenshot_...

This is the mother who was lucky enough to at least give birth to a sim baby that looked SOMEWHAT normal and had the shape it was supposed to. However, if you look closely, it's almost as if her strapping baby boy has white bandages wrapped around his right wrist, and much of the left side of his body. Also, although it isn't evident in the screenshot, there is some hovering stretched-out matter that follows above him wherever he goes.

I unfortunately did not take screenshots of the other two babies, but you can imagine what they look like: perpetual sim sticks flying around above everyone's heads. If you've had this problem before, PLEASE tell me how you fixed it, if it went away (and if it did, how long it took), or if you're still experiencing the problem to let me know if I have any hope of fixing this. If you think you know what's wrong, please tell me, and please hel me fix this issue. It's happening with all of my babies.

TL;DR: My Sim babies are becoming floating sticks and glitch boxes, please help me figure out how to fix this problem.

Message 1 of 4 (1,917 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 4 (1,909 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@rumbutter wrote:

sounds/looks like bad CC

see here what to do http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/m-p/2759940#M146701

I started thinking it migt be that when I realized the "bandages" on that boy baby was really the patterns of some knee high boots I'd been experiencing previous problems with. Thank you for the link and the help.

Message 3 of 4 (1,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DarLi_Larkis wrote:

@rumbutter wrote:

sounds/looks like bad CC

see here what to do http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/m-p/2759940#M146701

I started thinking it migt be that when I realized the "bandages" on that boy baby was really the patterns of some knee high boots I'd been experiencing previous problems with. Thank you for the link and the help.

your very welcome Standard smile once you find the items and remove every trace the babies will be fine  crin has tons of tips and tutorials that will help you find and get rid of it once and for all and those boots too

edit to add i had run into the CC issue in 2012 it was a sim that somehow managed to come with a lot attached to it Confusedmileysurprised:  LOL but thanks to crin's guide i was able to trace it all and get rid it did take time to go through everything but it was soooo worth it

Message 4 of 4 (1,901 Views)