Aging and Lifespan not working

by KerryMaeD

Original Post

Aging and Lifespan not working

★★ Novice

So on my current game none of my Sims are aging and when I try to edit the lifespan settings it's greyed out and unchangeable (apparently it was set to long before it locked). Anyway this is rather annoying and inconvenient for playing since my child needs to age up already for me to complete milestones and aspirations and avoid boredom and what not. It worked fine when she was a toddler aging up to child but it would seem nobody has aged even a day since then. Not sure if anyone else has experience of this issue or a way to fix it that doesn't involve deleting my current save file.

Message 1 of 4 (3,345 Views)

Re: Aging and Lifespan not working

Champion (Retired)

Since you have aging turned off it would make no sense to be able to change lifespan. You can still age up individual Sims by using a cake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (3,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I only have auto aging turned off, as in my Sims wouldn't do the age up sequence without me initiating it. That setting doesn't disable lifespan, so my Sims would still have birthdays and the gameplay would still show "X days left until age up". I had the same autoage setting when my previous Sims all had birthdays and lifespan worked as intended. 

Message 3 of 4 (3,291 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You must remember wrong. With aging for both your played household and unplayed turned off (like you have in the screenshot) the lifespan becomes unavailable as it would be meaningless as everyone lives forever (except for accidents). Turn any of these on and it becomes available. the "X days left until age up" will only return if you turn on aging for the played household. I hope this explanation of how these settings work helps you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (3,283 Views)