After patch CAS CC disappears off my Sims

by fairandbright

Original Post

After patch CAS CC disappears off my Sims

★★ Novice

This is the 2nd time this has happened.  The 1st was a post-Cats & Dogs patch and now with a post-My First Pet patch.  I update my game, go in, and find my Sims are bald and in their underwear.  All their CAS CC has been taken off, HOWEVER, if I go into CAS all the mods are still there, I select them, and they show up on my Sim.  The issue is that the update literally just REMOVES their CC and I have to put it back on. Seeing how my Sims' entire wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc is CC, it's a pain to manually put it all back on and takes forever.  

Here is what I did before updating the game today: I removed my mods folder completely, updated the game, started the game so it'd generate a new mod folder, made sure Enable mods (and script mods) was selected, exited the game, then copied my mods over to the fresh mod folder.  Then I started my game to see this mess.

To fix this:

1. I repaired the game and started it.  No fix.

2. I completely removed my The Sims 4 folder, started the game to generate a new folder, made sure to Enable mods and Script mods, exited, then copy/pasted my saved games, tray folder, and mods back to the fresh The Sims 4 folder. Restarted the game.  No fix.

Please tell me there's a way to make the game put my CAS CC back on again. I already went through this once and I don't want to have to do it again.  I'd rather stop playing than do that. I have something like 10 families I play, all with CC.  I should note that this doesn't affect object CC at all.  It's all still there.  This is just the hair, clothes, makeup, etc.

Message 1 of 11 (8,169 Views)

Re: After patch CAS CC disappears off my Sims

Champion (Retired)

Each time there is an update to the game there is a chance that CC and Mods needs updating. As EA doesn't support Mods/CC It is up to you to keep your CC and Mods updated. In this case however it seems that you forgot to enable CC and Mods before starting the game that way all CC will be removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (8,155 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you just skim through my post and not read it?  I literally said TWICE that I made sure to enable both my mods and script mods.  So that obviously isn't the problem. 

Message 3 of 11 (8,153 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, But if you first loaded the game noticed CC was gone then exited and enabled Mods and CC. That would explain you issue as the CC once removed would need to be put back on. Only other possibility would be that the CC needed updating to work with the game but you stated that once CC and Mods were enabled the CC would still work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (8,131 Views)

★★ Novice

Then Maxis must have changed their coding, because that's not how that used to work.  Each update disabled mods, yes, but you would re-enable them and all the CAS CC would show up on the Sims again. What I don't understand is why I'm the only one experiencing this.  I watch YouTubers who use CAS CC and the new updates haven't removed any of their CC, included CC we both use.

Message 5 of 11 (8,118 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Like I wrote it seems that you first loaded the game without CC enabled this causes CC to be removed from your Sims. If you then enable CC it is still gone when again loading the game. Like you write if you remember to enable it right after an update before loading any game this does not happen. unless the CC was broken and that you said was not the case and since the latest patch only contained bug fixes then it was also very unlikely it would cause any CC/Mods not to work.

Message 6 of 11 (8,109 Views)

★★ Novice

There's only one problem with your theory: the first time this happened, I hadn't removed CC from my game and this happened.  That's why this update I removed the CC myself, in anticipation of this. So it can't hold true for one instance and not the other.

Message 7 of 11 (8,104 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey, this has just happened to me with the latest update. It's never happened before and what the other user was saying also has never made a difference in the past so I'm not sure why it's different now. Did you find any solution to this as I have 8+ generations of sims and almost 200 sims who lost all their cc from eyebrows, hair, clothes, eyelashes even eye colour and I cannot bare to go through and fix, I'm not even sure what some of the cc there were wearing even is.
Message 8 of 11 (8,020 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kishajtb

It is different now because EA changed to disable CC and Mods every time there was a major patch. So if you load a game without first enabling CC then all of the CC your Sims in that game uses is removed. If you then exit and save it will be gone for good from that save.

Try choosing load game (after enabling Mods/CC) and load an older version of the game where they still have their CC on.

Message 9 of 11 (8,013 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I'm having the same problem with the July 2020 patch. Did anyone find solutions to this? I have so much cc on even my npcs and I might just quit the game if I have to dress all of the sims in my neighbourhoods. Disappointed

Message 10 of 11 (6,795 Views)