After building new home, the Sims can't use or do anything

by bradlyb71

Original Post

After building new home, the Sims can't use or do anything

★★ Novice

I have had this issue for a few weeks now. Anytime I build a new home or modify an existing one, I make the Sims go in each room when it's finished. I make sure they can use everything. Then once the home is finished and I start to play, they stand in one place and wave wildly that they can't move or use an item. What in the heck is going on? I haven't gotten any error messages and the items in the home are all things they would normally have access to.,

Message 1 of 3 (462 Views)

Re: After building new home, the Sims can't use or do anything

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Is it when you start and they stand outside and then can't enter the house then check the stairs and the doors.

Also if you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (450 Views)

Re: After building new home, the Sims can't use or do anything

★★ Guide
By any chance, were you building with the MOO cheat on and duplicated an object on top of the same object? I accidentally did that with a door not too long ago and drove myself nuts trying to figure out why my Sim couldn't get into a room that appeared to have a clear path.
Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)