Re: After being asked to change to 64bit the game wont load

by kreatora

Original Post

After being asked to change to 64bit the game wont load

★ Novice

I have a brand new laptop, which is 64bit. EA dont support 32bit now, so asked me to download legacy edition. Now I realise my laptop is already 64bit, but now I cant load my game. I get this message: There was a problem while updating your game. One or more files that requires an update may be in use. If the issue persists please restart your computer and resume the update. Help!! Thank you Standard smile 

Message 1 of 5 (343 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dawntudor

I guess you downloaded the Legacy Edition unnecessarily.
Probably the antivirus program you are using has blocked the file running the game in the 64-bit version.
Please turn off any antivirus program that you downloaded from the Internet. (Avast, AVG, Sophos, Kaspersky or similar)
Then uninstall the whole game via Origin (right-click on the TS4 cover - option: Uninstall "
Now download the game again - without the Legacy Edition and try to run it.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (317 Views)

★ Novice

Thats brilliant, I will try this, thanks very much Standard smile Dawn

Message 3 of 5 (314 Views)

★ Novice

Oh dear... so within Origin its trying to fanalize TS4 but keeps coming up with error - There was a problem while updating your game. One or more files that requires an update may be in use. If the issue persists please restart your computer and resume the update. Not sure how to get out of this..... sorry Frown 

Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)