After an update all households are gone / games deleted(?)

by KexBax

Original Post

Re: After an update all households are gone / games deleted(?)

Hero

I'm glad it did.

I recommend you backup your save games next time before patching.

Here's some tips for a trouble free patching process: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/06/in-prepartion-for-patching/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so the files appear to be there, so what next?  How do you recover the households?  they do not show up in the game.  Every time I create a new family, the previous disappears.

Message 12 of 24 (1,264 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks SO much. I got all my houses back, it's a relief to know I don't have to restart just to update.

This is very first world problems...

Message 13 of 24 (1,241 Views)

★★ Novice
I realize this thread is old... are you still active? I’m habing the same issue, but I don’t know how to find which file may be corrupt
Message 14 of 24 (1,173 Views)

Hero
Did you make a new save by accident ? A lot has changed since this thread was made so I suggest, to make your own thread and giving us as much details as to what is happening in your game as you can.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It doesnt work for me.All my households are deleted and when i go to create a new one a blue box appears in my funds(witch are alos 0 so i cant buy nothing)

What can i do?
Message 16 of 24 (1,074 Views)

★★ Pro

@miliotiskostas

What did you try that didn't work?

Are your families in the Library or Manage households?

How to check this:

Library - From the Main Menu, click the photos icon up in the upper right corner of the screen. From there look for the My Library tab.

Manage Household - Click the Load Game button and select a saved game. At the Map screen in the upper right you should see a silhouette of two people and a pen, click that to see what families are in that saved game.

Are they in either of those places?

Message 17 of 24 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My households are in the library but i cant click manage households.For some reason it doesnt let me do it

Message 18 of 24 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi Crin,

I'm having the same issue.
How can you tell which file is corrupt?

Allie
Message 19 of 24 (989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i don’t know how long ago this was but i tried doing his and it didn’t work.  for my slots with the 6 there were three instead of two does that cause an issue?? should i now change the 1 with the 0 like i did for the other one?

Message 20 of 24 (902 Views)