After an update all households are gone / games deleted(?)

by KexBax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After an update all households are gone / games deleted(?)

★★★★ Novice

After the last update I can only create new households but not get back to my previously played ones.

This has happend twice now. Can I fix this or do i have to expect that eveytime there#s an update I can start from the beginning?

Message 1 of 24 (12,027 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: After an update all households are gone / games deleted(?)

Hero

Check this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

Do you have any other files then slot_00000001.save and slot_00000001.save.verX (X being a number between 0 and 4) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (13,678 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Check this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

Do you have any other files then slot_00000001.save and slot_00000001.save.verX (X being a number between 0 and 4) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (13,679 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There other flies title:

slot_00000002.save

slot_00000003.save

slot_00000004.save

slot_00000005.save

slot_00000006.save

all off them with various "verX", going from 0-4

What do I do know? Will I ever be able to play my last household?

Message 3 of 24 (11,915 Views)

Hero

If you still have all those files, you should be able to play them.

Try moving slot_00000001.save to the desktop and see if the others then show up in your game

Do make a backup of that folder as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (11,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I moved slot_0000001.save to the desktop but nothing happend in the game. Just the normal starting scren with no option to go back to my old house, just the option to creat new ones.

I just moved the file to the desktop, is that right? Or do i have to do something else as well? I can't load the files either.

Message 5 of 24 (11,908 Views)

Hero

Can you zip up your saves folder and upload to some file sharing site then PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (11,908 Views)

Hero

OK, took a quick look at it seems it's the slot_00000006.save that's corrupt.

What you need to do is move that out to the desktop and then rename slot_00000006.save.ver0 to slot_00000006.save (could be a 0 more or less).

After that you should be able to see your saves again. It might not be the newest but it at least works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (11,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I moved slot_00000006.save.ver0 to the desktop and renamed it slot_00000006.save

Went back into the game and still the same. Where would i be able to see my saves even? Do I have to move the file back into the folder after renaming it? Or keep it on the desktop?

(The game is still giving me the option to only create new household as well as telling me that my games needs to be updated to access my saves even though i just uodated it)

Message 8 of 24 (11,894 Views)

Hero

No sorry if I didn't explain clearly enough

you move slot00000006.save to the desktop and then rename slot0000006.save.ver0 to slot000006.save (you basically remove the faulty save game and make the backup active)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (11,881 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh! It worked! Thank you soooooo much!

You're my hero!

I can't believe this actually worked I almost lost hope! THANK YOU!!!

Message 10 of 24 (11,873 Views)