Re: After Using An Immediate Labor Cheat, My Sim Will Go Through Labor, But No B

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

After Using An Immediate Labor Cheat, My Sim Will Go Through Labor, But No Baby

★★★★★ Newbie

This happened just very recently. 

One of my active Sims and a pre-made Sim have tried for a baby, and my active Sim got pregnant. Before the second trimester had begun, I had already became bored of waiting for my active Sim to undergo labor. I then discovered a cheat to immediately put your using Sim in labor. I typed CTRL + SHIFT + C, typed "testingcheats true" and inserted the code Sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor

Well, the cheat did work. . .kind of. My Sim was shown with a bigger belly, an increased breast size, and a "Very Uncomfortable" mood. I received a notification that my Sim was about to have a baby. The Sim groaned and ached in pain, but by the time she was finished giving birth, she teleports a little bit to the left of the Baby Cradle, and no baby is to be seen inside. There is not even a moodlet under her icon that indicates happiness from a new member of the family.   

I've read articles on how to fix this, but none seem to apply to the situation. I do not have Mods installed into my PC, but no cache files under Sims 4 are to be seen either. 

I've experimented this with other Sims besides my own, such as Luna Villareal. She went through the exact same thing my Sim did. After experimenting with more female Sims, I came to the conclusion that something must not be right. Giving birth at the hospitals wouldn't work either. 

I have, in fact, successfully used this cheat for other Sim families, it just confuses me how it would glitch all of a sudden. 

If you know anything, or have an idea how to fix this issue, your help is and will always be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2 (689 Views)

Re: After Using An Immediate Labor Cheat, My Sim Will Go Through Labor, But No B

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Loch_Ness_090203 - I've tried replicating your issue, but I can't get any of the pregnancy buff cheats to work in my vanilla game (no mods or cc installed). All of the "add_buff" cheats were disabled sometime last year, so I'm surprised that you were able to get anything from the cheat without having any mods.

I suggest you try to repair your game. Copy your saves folder to your desktop first, so that you have a backup.

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
    • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (this is the cache file)
    • Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
    • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
    • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed.

If this gives you the baby, then great! If not, then I suggest you recover a previous save to get back to the point before you entered the cheat and just suffer through the pregnancy.  Alternatively, you could install a mod like AllCheats that allows you to use the pregnancy cheats. (Be aware that EA does not support any mods, so you will need to do a search and ask the creator any questions) Good luck and Congrats on the new baby Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (651 Views)