Re: After Update, Sims 4 will not load past plumbob

by ceunon20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After Update, Sims 4 will not load past plumbob

★★★ Novice

First off, I removed all mods.  I updated my game and tried to load and it will not go past the plumbob.  The game just freezes.  I hit repair game and it still wouldn't load.  I uninstalled and reinstalled this game 4 times and again, won't load.

This problem needs fixed.

Message 1 of 12 (4,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try moving this folder to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\tray (these are your Households/lots in your library)

If it then loads, it's probably the amount of stuff you have in there. 

You can just back it up and only put the stuff back you need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (4,920 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 12 (4,227 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So many people have this problem but don't exist any solution yet.

Just wait boy... =/

Message 3 of 12 (4,208 Views)

Hero

Try moving this folder to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\tray (these are your Households/lots in your library)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (4,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

That worked! Thank you so much.

Message 5 of 12 (4,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It does not work for me. I did try that did not work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled fresh. It just begins to start and then suddenly stops, At the laoding screen. I need help. Please. Thanks.

Message 6 of 12 (4,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem!! Screen freezes at the plumbob but sometimes makes it to the main menu but freezes imediately.  Frown

Message 7 of 12 (4,173 Views)

Hero

If the tray folder solution doesn't help, try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (4,164 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same problem.

I tried removing my mods, my tray, my scratch folder, nothing worked.

I read on another forum to try being Offline.

Tried that, and it worked.

If I go into the gallery and click 'Community'... a box opens asking me if I want to go online. If I click yes, it starts to do whatever, and then everything just freezes.

I tried doing a repair on the game, and I reinstalled the Origin client.

I have not tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall yet... but by staying offline, I'm at least able to play the game.

Obviously a fix is needed.... The gallery is a big part of the game which at least for me, is currently broken.

Message 9 of 12 (4,163 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

While that might 'fix' the problem... the game is still broken.

I've gone thru my tray folder... I have a ton of items, so there are a slew of files. To put back just the stuff you need - IMO - doesn't even make sense since the file names don't tell you what is what.

I've moved out files according to months.. so I know it's something in Oct that is causing my game to hang. I'll split it down even further to weeks and try to figure it out that way... while I may not currently use everything that is in my library, I added whatever, sims, rooms, lots, with the intent at some point I would use them.

Message 10 of 12 (4,157 Views)