by lilhobbit37

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adult Does not Teach Toddler on Blocks

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult and a toddler. Select the blocks and select teach toddler shapes or stack.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler will begin playing with blocks. Adult will not teach, will not gain parenting skill, unsure if toddler gets faster skill due to parental teaching or not.
What do you expect to see? Adult will gain parental skill. Toddler will gain faster movement or thinking skill (depending on if learning shapes or stack) while adult continues to teach toddler during interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been having this issue for a long long time. There had been another thread about it, so I didn't post. It is now marked as fixed, however, it is not fixed at all. I have made multiple games, and it still happens 100% of the time. This is still very much an issue that needs to be addressed.

Message 1 of 9 (636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adult Does not Teach Toddler on Blocks

★★★★ Novice

So I repaired my game, which had errors, and I had to disable my firewall and try as administrator and do it a second time.

Two hours later, and a lot of repairs, and it is fixed, and it worked. My adult did teach on the blocks without the dropped interaction! Phew, that was not easy, not sure why it never updated on my game when the fix went through, but yay.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (538 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @lilhobbit37 

The bug that was fixed was that the interaction just dropped from the queue. Yours sounds different (mainly about not gaining any skill ?) 

The queue dropping doesn't happen for me anymore. Will need to test the skill part.

Can you post a video of what's happening in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know how to take a video of it. What is happening is it does drop out of queue for the adult, therefore, they do not gain anything. They just stand there and do nothing once the toddler starts playing with the block, and the interaction drops off for the adult, and does not stay on the adult. The toddler continues to play, but I don't know if they get the additional skill for having an adult join them in the playing, since the adult does not actually play with them (whereas toddlers are supposed to get additional skill for doing things with adults versus alone). The adult gets no skill because the queue item has dropped off them completely and they have no interaction at all once the play has begun.

I hope that is a bit clearer. I would be happy to take a video of it, if I knew how. Frown

Message 3 of 9 (584 Views)

Hero
@lilhobbit37 That does sound like the issue how it was before. I tested yesterday and it was fine for me. They interacted with the child and it didn't drop out of queue.

Could you test a new save for testing purposes and another Sim to see if it happens everywhere ?

Have you tried a game repair ? Deleting localthumbcache after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It has happened over numerous games, as I stated originally, this game isn't the first save that it popped up, I just didn't realize that it had been seen as a fixed issue until now, so had not bothered to post about it!

Starting a new game gave the same results.

I will try to game repair and delete my localthumbcache and let you know the results.

Edit: It also happens on both my desktop and laptop, so two separate computers, with separate games and saves.

Message 5 of 9 (556 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I repaired my game, which had errors, and I had to disable my firewall and try as administrator and do it a second time.

Two hours later, and a lot of repairs, and it is fixed, and it worked. My adult did teach on the blocks without the dropped interaction! Phew, that was not easy, not sure why it never updated on my game when the fix went through, but yay.

Message 6 of 9 (539 Views)

Hero
@lilhobbit37 Did they also learn skill ?

Glad you solved it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (524 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  The teaching doesn't drop from queue in my game but the parent doesn't gain parenting skill from teaching.  This is with all content released to date installed; playing in English; game version 1.71.86.1020 and never used mods/cc.

Message 8 of 9 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dolldrms1 might be best if you make a new thread.

EDIT

Thanks. Thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-Parenting-Skill-Gain-from-Teaching-Toddlers-Blocks/td-p/101...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (425 Views)