Active household sound problem

by adamdrox

Original Post

Active household sound problem

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent (as of 16/11/19)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All - except ROM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim sound effects more muted in my household compared to other households
What do you expect to see? Sound effects the same in my household as all the others
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi All,

This is super random, but my lot in Brindleton Bay (the 30x20 lot closest to the big 40x40 seaside lot) and the household in it seem to be having some audio issues. And it is not just that lot, it is this household. I can only very fainlty hear footsteps, doors closing etc etc. But when I change household to another that I have not played it is back to normal. Now I have tried all of the obvious things before everyone asks, I have changed and tinkered with the audio settings within the game and with my computer. I have tried with headphones and the computers speakers. I have tried resetting my sims with testingcheats etc. Nothing has worked.

It's not game breaking, but it is annoying. Hopefully someone can help me.

Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)

Re: Active household sound problem

Hero
@adamdrox Did you also test without mods installed and repaired your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (251 Views)

Hero
@adamdrox Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

Hero
@adamdrox Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)