Re: Activation code.

by EA_David

Original Post

Activation code.

★ Novice

Hello,

I have been playing sims 4 for about a week, then i did the origin update and it askes me to enter the activation code again, i did this and it says it has already been used (yes it has by me!) i have looked in my games tab and my game is not there!

do i need a new activation code?

This is insane i have had the game a week and cant play it,

Message 1 of 6 (300 Views)

Community Manager

Is there any chance that you're logged into a separate account from your regular one? After the update it'll require a relog, and it's common enough to have an account mixup at this point.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (289 Views)

★ Novice

No I only have one account, one username one password. I did do the relog thats when this all started.

I am the only person who has loaded this game from the disc and used the activation code.

Message 3 of 6 (284 Views)

Community Manager

I see. I asked because the account you're posting on has no Sims 4 history. It could have been created to ask this question ofc.

To move forward on this, please contact support, and be sure to keep an image of your product code to hand. They'll be able to check the status/history of the code and assist as appropriate.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (278 Views)

★ Novice

I have read through other peoples questions, and see I am not the onluy person to have this problem. It seems to come from EA side or Origins Side, is there no easy solution i really dont have time to sit and do this.

Message 5 of 6 (267 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

When it's looked into, many folks with symptoms have varied issues. I don't have the ability to check a code's history throguh AHQ (this is a community-based support site) so unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done from this end. If you swap to the account that consumed the code, I can do a (fairly rudimentary) check on the account, and advise as appropriate, but otherwise it's straight to support to investigate the code.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (263 Views)