Activated a game, it worked and now origin does not recognise it

by TheLadBabatunde

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Activated a game, it worked and now origin does not recognise it

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed Sims 3 using a product key from an external site.

I activated the game and it worked well for around 2 weeks.

However, when I try to run it now Origin says I need to activate a key, and, obviously, when I re-enter the key that worked previously I am not allowed to re-use it.

What should I do?

Thanks, Ruairi

Message 1 of 6 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Activated a game, it worked and now origin does not recognise it

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
  It may not be stolen BUT it may be a code that was spoofed or bought illegally. EA does not have to email you because this act violates the EULA (end user license agreement) you agreed to the first time you started the game. As EA or any of EA authorized sellers was not involved in the sale you need to go back to the place of sale. As the EULA was violated EA has the right to de-authorize the code. - which is what you are paying for. You do not own the software - what you are paying for is a license to use the software under the TOS (terms of service). You need to contact the seller about this issue.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

This is the anthem forum, i will give you the link to the sims 3 forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3 . Hopefully someone there will be able to help you.

If not, the best thing to do is contact EA Support through this link: https://help.ea.com/ . They should help you solve this problem!

Hope this helped Standard smile 

Message 2 of 6 (288 Views)

@TheLadBabatunde

I moved your post to the right thread.

To post in the right topic first click on "All Boards"

AHQ Toppic 1.png

Then you can choose your game.

AHQ Games.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 6 (282 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheLadBabatunde  What site did you get the key from?

Message 4 of 6 (253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ahhh G2a!

I dont think it was stolen though because it worked and now it no longer does and I haven't got any message telling me it was pirated.

Message 5 of 6 (243 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
  It may not be stolen BUT it may be a code that was spoofed or bought illegally. EA does not have to email you because this act violates the EULA (end user license agreement) you agreed to the first time you started the game. As EA or any of EA authorized sellers was not involved in the sale you need to go back to the place of sale. As the EULA was violated EA has the right to de-authorize the code. - which is what you are paying for. You do not own the software - what you are paying for is a license to use the software under the TOS (terms of service). You need to contact the seller about this issue.
Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)