Original Post

Accepted Solution

Action Queues and Animations Out of Sync, Stuck at Work Despite Being Home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Perfect Patio, and Backyard Stuff. Patio and Backyard were purchased and installed just 2 days ago
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. Maybe by accessing my game and playing a while?
What happens when the bug occurs? I think this is an action issue. I've had multiple bugs occur since yesterday evening, such as - Sims repairing the hot tub indefinitely, both created Sim, a pre-existing Sim who moved in, and when repair service was called. Repair service charged me 10 hours (in game) after their character started the repair but hot tub never fixed and only character only stopped repair animation after I ordered another Sim (again) to repair the hot tub - Action queue and needs bars updating despite Sims standing in place, doing nothing - Work tab and Sim's icon stating the Sim is still at work despite coming home, receiving paycheck, and being past the time of their shift. Work tab finally starts counting down to their next shift, but stops at 1 min and "Go to Work" never appears in the work tab or the action bar/queue
What do you expect to see? Actions updating in time with animations, actions completing, and "at work" status updating with time clock/shift times.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 8 (824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Action Queues and Animations Out of Sync, Stuck at Work Despite Being Home

★★★★★ Newbie

I restarted my computer and so far the only bug that stuck around was the game saying she was at work despite being home and completely playable. I selected for her to "Come home early" and she got paid for the shift she never went to and it seems to be counting down to her next one like normal, but since she's maxed in the bartender career, I have to wait 3 days for her next shift and I don't know yet if that one is resolved.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (793 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie
Whoops, not sure why it posted twice.
Message 2 of 8 (817 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this too on occasion. Usually restarting the game after exiting and deleting last exception errors does the trick.

Restarting my computer/game regularly corrects almost all the common bugs I get in game

Message 3 of 8 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I restarted my computer and so far the only bug that stuck around was the game saying she was at work despite being home and completely playable. I selected for her to "Come home early" and she got paid for the shift she never went to and it seems to be counting down to her next one like normal, but since she's maxed in the bartender career, I have to wait 3 days for her next shift and I don't know yet if that one is resolved.

Message 4 of 8 (794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you delete any last exception files?

Message 5 of 8 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Tbh I don't know how to do that!

Edit: I'm looking up exception files since I don't know what that is and it seems to be an issue with mods, but my game is vanilla. Do I still need to look for exception files?

Message 6 of 8 (773 Views)

Hero
@Gallifreaken Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

The hot tub issue is probably this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unbreakable-objects-break-and-can-t-be-repaired/m-p/68828...

As for the stuck at home, there's several causes for that. A current one happens if you are on level 10 for your career and get another promotion. Is that the case for you ?

The rest sounds like a bit of a freeze or something ?

If the game creates any new exception files when you try after restarting, it would be best if you could attach them (either create a .rar file and upload or c/p the content)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Rebooting my computer seems to have fixed everything. Thank you guys!

Message 8 of 8 (729 Views)