Re: Accused of Cheating - EA's gone overboard and taken control away from players

by BGH22

Original Post

Accused of Cheating - EA's gone overboard and taken control away from players

★ Guide

First of all, there is a lot of complaining about this feature out there. Too bad EA isn't reading these and addressing concerns. That said, I'll add my voice to that list...

Apparently there is a random possibility of being accused, even though no actual cheating occurred. THIS is ridiculous! EA is failing to realize the effort we players make with regards to our Sim relationships and is crushing them without our having the ability to refuse. MY Sim was married and pregnant - her husband was custom-created because I wanted a Sim that wasn't ridiculous - when she went to work, returned home and was accused. Her husband left her and she ended up with a bad reputation for being an unwed mother to boot! I tried to reconcile them, even got her pregnant again in the hope more advanced relationship options would come up, but nothing worked. I had to eventually divorce them so my Sim could remarry. I had to create a new Sim because Angel again, I wanted a certain look versus the weird options EA gives us, and (b) single Sims are snapped up before my Sim can get over to their house.

Her teen daughter had a boyfriend she left behind when she went to college and, when she got a boyfriend there (why doesn't a teens' friends follow them to college?), she was accused of cheating - I'm guessing because she didn't break it off formally with the kid back home who was still a teen. That relationship was eventually mended but it shouldn't have been part of the game play. Teens and college students are SUPPOSED to date around so should NEVER be accused of cheating. It really put a damper on my Sims college experience.

As for YA/A cheating, it should never have been written in as a random action. IF a married/engaged controlled Sim dated outside the relationship, that would be one thing. But EA is undermining its users gameplay, which should never be considered acceptable. I'm perturbed enough as it is that my married Sims are CONSTANTLY getting phone calls asking for dates. Why the he** doesn't EA give us the option to turn this off or at least limit it to specific traits? I've read that there is a Lifetime Reward that can negate this - lazy EA would rather give an expensive reward than fix this glitch - but my understanding is that it is rather expensive. Again, I'm extremely perturbed that all of the hard work I do to get the reward points must be saved in order to fix EA's silly and offensive programming instead of applying it to rewards I would rather have.

The programmers over there at EA need to be made aware of these issues and be made to understand that it is more important to preserve the users control of the game than to "showcase" their ability to create these interactions that frankly ruin the game. That said, it's never too late to issue ANOTHER patch which fixes the constant requests for dates of married Sims AND random cheating accusations.

Message 1 of 12 (7,767 Views)

Re: Accused of Cheating - EA's gone overboard and taken control away from players

Hero

Hi,

totally agree with you (that's why many of us use mods to prevent this stuff).

Really don't know how we can help you with this here though. I doubt EA gives us players another patch and there's nothing really to suggest to help you with this.

Just wanted to give you an answer although it's a non-answer really. I'm aware of that but there's nothing I can say. AnswerHQ is a user help user platform. We can just hope EA reads this, is aware and doesn't repeat for Sims 4 (or patch should they be working on another patch)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (7,750 Views)

★★★ Pro

There is also a glitch if your teens stay home and go to prom, if they dont have a date, they mysteriouly get one  always someone who is a babysitter in my game. This babysitter then becomes a romantic intrest and if your sims does get a boyfriend/girlfriend later on they are accused of cheating!!

I also get annoyed with illigitimate children. Are we in the dark ages. illigitamate children is a controlled religion concept.

Message 3 of 12 (7,747 Views)

★★★ Pro

PS you can use the clean slate LTW to get rid of reputations

Message 4 of 12 (7,745 Views)

★★★ Pro

There is a cheat to get as many LTR as you want. This is the work around for your problems that EA wont fix.  You have to be at the starting launcher. use cheat --- testingcheatsenabled true then select you game, once the game loads click o the sims icon you want to add rewards to. hold down the control button and put your mouse pointer in between the treasure chest and your LTR points. Every time you click you should get 500 points each time. Keep clicking until you have the amount you want or need

Message 5 of 12 (7,743 Views)

★ Guide

That's lot of clicking but worth a try! I'm not above using mods so I don't know what ones help with regard to cheating and I know I can't talk about it here....although, as I said before I've actually been told by EA Tech on a couple of occasions to take my issues to the community and see if non-EA gamers have a fix...and I'm not the only one!

Message 6 of 12 (7,724 Views)

★★★ Pro

It is a lot of clicking but worth it. If for some reason my instructions are not clear enough there are step by step instructions on youtube. I had to use the youtube version since the perso who told me how to use the cheat was vague.

I use the cheat all the time now. When my toddlers age up. I automatically give them steel blatter, hardly hungry etc and then let them work for the rest of their points. I dont like to use to many cheats because it takes away from the game but too many gliches to not use cheats and mods.  I havent used any mods yet but I might

Message 7 of 12 (7,720 Views)

Hero

@columbia93 wrote:

That's lot of clicking but worth a try! I'm not above using mods so I don't know what ones help with regard to cheating and I know I can't talk about it here....although, as I said before I've actually been told by EA Tech on a couple of occasions to take my issues to the community and see if non-EA gamers have a fix...and I'm not the only one!

Google Shimrod. Shimrod is at a forum that is members only though so you will need to make an account there if you want to use his mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (7,706 Views)

★ Guide

Well, my "illegitimate" daughter is engaged and was talking to her high school boyfriend and asked about her reputation. He told her she was "naughty"! Seriously, she had all of 2 boyfriends--no dating around in this game. I cheated to get the "Clean Slate" reward - is that a blanket reward or would I have to buy it every time my Sim is suspected of bad behavior?

Message 9 of 12 (7,685 Views)

★ Guide

I actually already belong to Sim Asylum - probably a remnant from my S2 days - or even early in S3. I've had to restart S3 enough times that I've forgotten almost has much as I've learned! As a matter of fact, MY Sim character has been an elder long enough I'm waiting daily (sim time) for her demise, something I've yet to experience (due to start-overs). I'm both excited and sad to see a chapter ending! Standard smile

I also recall the name Shimrod - again, after playing the Sims for more than a decade, I've probably used mods from most modders at some point. I'll that site to my "check to see what they have" list. Thx!

Message 10 of 12 (7,681 Views)