Re: Accidently deleted game from 'Load Game' page

by lenalove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidently deleted game from 'Load Game' page

★★★ Newbie

While I was in the 'load game' screen , or some god forsaken reason I accidently clicked the 'x" to delete the highlighted game. and in my sleepy haze i accidently said yes when it asked if I'm sure. I can no longer acccess any of the custom sims i made in that game nor their house. They are all gone. Ive spent literal months of my life playing this. I tried going into C:\Users\lenas\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\savesnd doing that whole trick and the games dont appear to be saved in there either. please help. I really hope I can retrive that game. I'm distraught.

Message 1 of 3 (342 Views)

Accepted Solution

@lenalove  If you delete a save from the Load Game page, all its files get deleted.  So they're not going to be anywhere else on your computer, unfortunately.  If you're feeling brave, and your PC has one, you can try using a restore point, which would restore old data from whenever it was archived.  This might include an older copy of your save.  Be sure to back up the rest of your current files before doing this.

Other than that, you're unfortunately out of luck.  In the future, you may want to periodically back up the entire Saves folder so you don't lose anything critical.  After I accidentally deleted a save in Sims 3, I started backing up the folder every couple of play sessions, and I keep two delete the older backups when I make a new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

All Replies

@lenalove  If you delete a save from the Load Game page, all its files get deleted.  So they're not going to be anywhere else on your computer, unfortunately.  If you're feeling brave, and your PC has one, you can try using a restore point, which would restore old data from whenever it was archived.  This might include an older copy of your save.  Be sure to back up the rest of your current files before doing this.

Other than that, you're unfortunately out of luck.  In the future, you may want to periodically back up the entire Saves folder so you don't lose anything critical.  After I accidentally deleted a save in Sims 3, I started backing up the folder every couple of play sessions, and I keep two delete the older backups when I make a new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, Thank you! I'll count this as a lesson learned with backing up my saves. 

Message 3 of 3 (296 Views)