Re: Accidentally deleted Sims 4 game in main menu

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

The *.save.verx files are backup copies so you can go back by renaming the newest of these to *.save. However it is no longer needed to do this manually as the load menu now has a Recover game option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 19 (4,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, I deleted the whole save(s) through the "Load Save" menu though -- therefore, I don't think there's anything to recover. Devil

Edit: I basically mean that I deleted the primary save AND all of the versions of that save in one fell swoop through the "Load Save" menu -- it was an accident as obviously I didn't understand how the game saves work. Totally heartbroken.

Message 12 of 19 (4,313 Views)

★★ Pro

@StephanieAFisch

It sounds as though this has already been resolved?

- Just in case someone runs across the same issue, I wanted to leave a note about being able to rename the backup files so that the save can be recovered.

If you don't have a main saved game, for example Slot_00000007.save in the Load Game Menu, you won't be able to see it's backup files. Due to the main save being deleted.

However, if you still have any backups of that main saved game, for example Slot_00000007.save.ver1. It can be renamed to replace your main save.

Go to your Saves folder [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves] and rename it to Slot_00000002.save so the game can recognize it and use it.

If all you have is a backup: Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to: Slot_00000002.save

Launch the game, at the Main Menu, click the Load Game button to find your recovered game.

Please Note: If you delete both the main save and all it's backup files without copying them to another folder or another drive. They may not be easily recovered.

Message 13 of 19 (4,282 Views)

★ Novice

Good day, 

I know this has been up for some time now but I did the same thing...I tried to understand the link but wasn't sure the actions I needed to take to get the deleted progress back. Would you be able to help me!? 

Most grateful,

Sharmayne

Message 14 of 19 (4,189 Views)

Hero

Hi @sharmayneh254 

if you deleted the save game from the main menu and never made a backup, then there's not much you can do. That option also deletes the auto-backups.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (4,182 Views)

★ Novice

All my saves are gone. So, earlier I was downloading CC and I went to boot my game and it popped with a message that said Unable to do this, or this file is corrupted because and it showed a mod. I deleted this MOD AND DID EVERYTHING U COULD THINK OF! Then, I read something and it said to move my game to my desktop. Then, my game booted but all my saves were gone, cc and everything. I have been crying for an hour now. I am so sad, my sims were global celebrities and everything. The saves do not show in it's folder either. I don't know what to do please help me, thanks. Frown

Message 16 of 19 (4,148 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@annaswims356 

Move the Saves and Tray folders back.

Move the Mods and CC back a little at a time while testing that they still work with the game. Please see this link for help with Mods and CC.
https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 19 (4,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie
it isnt working for me Frown
Message 18 of 19 (3,978 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@The-Hulk-Smashed 

You need to specify what your problem is and what is not working. 

Message 19 of 19 (3,972 Views)