Accidentally deleted Sims 4 game in main menu

by hthao09

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally deleted Sims 4 game in main menu

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

So I was being foolish and thought that I could go back to my previous saved game by deleting my game in the main menu under "load games" and deleted it. Well, I didn't know that it would delete EVERYTHING! Now I have lost everything. Is there a way for me to retrieve this deleted game? I have researched and tried everything out there. It doesn't seem to help. I have tried to do documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>saved games and it doesn't work for me. If I can't find the deleted game I would have lost 3 generations worth of families. I would not feel like playing again unless there's a better way to fix this issue. Please help.

Message 1 of 19 (66,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidentally deleted Sims 4 game in main menu

Hero (Retired)

You may be able to recover the save. here is a link to how the saves work - TS4 save games

Hopefully one of the previous saves is still there and you can recover that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (73,134 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

You may be able to recover the save. here is a link to how the saves work - TS4 save games

Hopefully one of the previous saves is still there and you can recover that.

Message 2 of 19 (73,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG!!! thank you so much! i was able to get my game back by changing the save file name. thank you so much! i got my game back worth 3 generations! thank you!

Message 3 of 19 (66,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It wasn't a family it was one computer generated character that was the father of one of my Sim's children...he wouldn't leave the current home my Sim's were living in so instead of placing him in the world...which he was not at the time...I deleted him...now one of my children has no father...

Message 4 of 19 (58,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@valentine16751

Please do not post in threads not related to your problem. Especially not 3 year old thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 19 (58,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

/

Message 6 of 19 (57,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@livipaws

1. He was not the originator of the thread.

2. Please read the rules and Guidelines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage

Especially this part 

• Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 19 (57,233 Views)

★ Novice
apologies for the previous reply, I do not stand by that statement, I left this tab open in and my friend decided to take it upon herself to be disrespectful and write utter rubbish, again apologies xx @jpkarlsen
Message 8 of 19 (57,224 Views)

★★ Novice

My Goodness! This actually worked, renaming and deleting files manually! I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!

Message 9 of 19 (52,936 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello all!

Does anyone know if this happens to work for accidentally deleted main saves too? I didn't accidentally delete a backup (like 07.save.ver1), I accidentally deleted the whole save (07.save) because I didn't realize it saves in versions. Now ~6 months worth of gameplay is gone Devil

If anyone knows if these strategies work for a main save, please please let me know. I appreciate it!

Message 10 of 19 (52,587 Views)