Accidentally Saved Over One of My Game Files

by alove42

Original Post

Accidentally Saved Over One of My Game Files

★ Novice

I have two game saves in my Sims 4 game - one I've titled "Original Game" and the other I've titled "Hard Mode." It seems that I accidentally saved over "Hard Mode" with the most recent version of "Original Game," and now I have two "Original Game" files from different times on the same day and no "Hard Mode" file. That's years of gameplay gone, and EA technical support has told me they can't provide a solution. They suggested I try the forum. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? I'm heartbroken that I may have lost all of that gameplay because of a simple, stupid mistake that took less than a second to make. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,179 Views)

Re: Accidentally Saved Over One of My Game Files

Champion (Retired)

@alove42 

If you have a backup of the save you can restore that. By default there are up to 4 backups of all saves you have. Choose the restore game option when clicking Load Game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (1,151 Views)

★ Novice

@jpkarlsen Thank you for the suggestion. I did try those options, but the old game is gone. I was actually thinking about this more last night and I'm no longer sure I saved over the game file. If I had saved over my "Hard Mode" game with the "Original Game" game, then the two "Original Game" game files I have in my load screen should have similar date+time files in the Restore Game option, but they don't. Instead, one of them is the one I was using the day I lost the other file - they're all from various times on the same date. The other file, however, will only let me recover saves from September 2020, but I know I've used that game since then. The same dats are in my Saves folder in the automatically created backups. There don't appear to be any backups of the "Hard Mode" file. It's like the game never existed and somehow the automatic backup system pulled an old backup file and used that instead of my "Hard Mode" game. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,135 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alove42 

Do a search for the saves folder. Does it exist somewhere else such as OneDrive?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (1,113 Views)