Accedentally deleted everything on sims 4

by SimCela1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accedentally deleted everything on sims 4

★ Apprentice

I have gotten myself in real trouble! I was tying to organize all my files and put them into different folders and when I was done I saw that the sims 4 folder was missing from the electronic arts folder, so I copied some sims 4 folder I had saved on my computer and than started the sims 4 to see if it worked. When the game had loaded I saw that there were no longer any saved files and I now have to start all over again. I am so pissed off at myself because I've now lost my four generation family I've been playing for the past 8 months. Does anyone know if and how I can fix it? I would be extremly thankful

Message 1 of 8 (1,661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accedentally deleted everything on sims 4

★ Apprentice
I somehow managed to get them back, not exactly where I left off but at least I don't have to start all over again. Thank you so much for your help!

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,620 Views)

All Replies

Do you have the save folder saved anywhere? That's the one you need to get the save files back.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,649 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do have the saves folder but I can't figure out how to replace the current save to the saves I had before. I have googled and have found that you are supposed to rename the file you'd like to use but I've tried it and it doesn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Message 3 of 8 (1,640 Views)

The folder names need to be the same. So you can either move the Saves file over to the new folder or delete te new file and place the 'The Sims 4' file in the EA file.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (1,632 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have tried to do what are said on this EA help site https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/ but I don't know what I'm doing wrong because it doesn't work for me
Message 5 of 8 (1,624 Views)

Could you maybe share a screenshot of what you have now?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (1,608 Views)

★ Apprentice
I somehow managed to get them back, not exactly where I left off but at least I don't have to start all over again. Thank you so much for your help!
Message 7 of 8 (1,621 Views)

That sounds better than nothing indeed! Make sure to make back ups every now and again: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 8 (1,600 Views)