Re: Abysmal download speed

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Abysmal download speed

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I installed Origin this morning and purchased The Sims 4. It's been downloading for 3.5 hours now, and it's only at 28%. I Googled around and found similar complaints from up to and over a year ago. How has EA not addressed this issue by now? I even tried the clean boot trick, and it did nothing. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: I don't know why this posted under the Anthem game page. I didn't select that. 

[EDIT:  Moved topic to The Sims 4 forum for ya'.  --TNL]

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @aniela88,

I'm sorry for the delayed response here and for your experience with the Sims 4. When it comes to download speed this is usually linked to the speed of your actual connection rather than the Origin client. I would advise you to try and use a cabled connection if you aren't and to make sure your internet bandwidth isn't being used up other applications or devices while downloading the game. 

As for the fact that your post landed on the Anthem page I sent you a private message to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's now almost 2021 and I have the same problem downloading from Origin,   Please don't say its a problem with my service or hardware because I don't have any issue other than when using Origin.

When will this mess ever be corrected?

Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @cyb3rgamer100 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

For issues with a slow download I would recommend trying the following:

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (197 Views)