Re: AVAST Firewall is blocking Sims 4 Gallery despite exception rules

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AVAST Firewall is blocking Sims 4 Gallery despite exception rules

★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me:

Since one of the updates in December or even earlier I can't log in to the gallery anymore. It says that I am offline and can't connect. 

I have tried everything from deleting the cache files, starting a completely new game without CC, etc. 

Nothing helped, except deactivating my AVAST Firewall completely. Just adding exceptions for everything related to Sims4 or Origin didn't help at all. 

Naturally, I don't want to turn my Firewall off for hours while playing Sims4, so what can I do?

I would be really grateful for suggestions!

Thank you and kind regards,

reikacitro

Message 1 of 3 (2,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the suggestion - to be honest, this didn't even occur to me due to the fact, that there are so many bug reports regarding the gallery out there which could be solved by altering sth with Origin or the game itself.  

I was actually able to solve the problem now by uninstalling and reinstalling AVAST and adding all the exception rules for Origin and Sims4 to the firewall manually BEFORE starting the game for the first time.

Maybe this will help someone else with the same problem as well. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,762 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You should contact support at Avast for help with their product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (2,797 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the suggestion - to be honest, this didn't even occur to me due to the fact, that there are so many bug reports regarding the gallery out there which could be solved by altering sth with Origin or the game itself.  

I was actually able to solve the problem now by uninstalling and reinstalling AVAST and adding all the exception rules for Origin and Sims4 to the firewall manually BEFORE starting the game for the first time.

Maybe this will help someone else with the same problem as well. 

Message 3 of 3 (2,763 Views)